• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sarah is Going Downhill Fast Now -U/D 4th December-Pic Added Post 60

Not too good I am affraid :cry:
She is still bright and eating but her Respiratory Symptoms are much worse and she's lost even more weight :cry:

I will be seeing Christabel today to discuss Sarah and whether we now need to let her go

:cry: :cry:

:cry::cry::cry:

Sending tonnes of vibes for Sarah and you xxx

Thanks for asking about Sarah again :)
She is still 'fine within herself' in that she is eating like a pig, you should see the amount of food she gets through :shock: and her poos are huge resplendent golden orbs :lol:
However her lungs are shot to pieces and she sounds very congested in her URT too. She is maintaining her weight though. Instead of Depocillin every 48 hours, which she has been on for months, we have put her back onto Baytril a couple of days ago. I think her URT congestion is a bit better today so we are wondering if she has actually become resistant to Depocillin or if there was just not a therapeutic dose getting into her bloodstream anymore. I was really twitchy about giving her Depocillin every day. So it was decided Sarah would have daily Baytril.

Sorry for the lengthy ramble :oops:
I will be very surprised (but of course delighted) if Sarah is still with us over the Christmas Holiday.......:cry:

Jane, it might be worth mentioning Micotil to your vet, it is a large animal medication, for respiratory infections in sheep, etc. Our vet has used it with no ill effects on our rabbits, and if you are worried there is a resistance this may help. If your vets don't use it regularly, be aware it is dangerous to humans, and if they inject it, it will kill them, it is banned in the USA, but is still legal here.

Jane, it might be worth mentioning Micotil to your vet, it is a large animal medication, for respiratory infections in sheep, etc. Our vet has used it with no ill effects on our rabbits, and if you are worried there is a resistance this may help. If your vets don't use it regularly, be aware it is dangerous to humans, and if they inject it, it will kill them, it is banned in the USA, but is still legal here.

Thank you. I could not risk it for Sarah though as I know of at least 3 Rabbit fatalities within a few hours of the first dose :cry: Sarah was not expected to survive more than a few weeks and that was back in March. I know she is at the end of her life now :cry:

Aww Jane I'm so glad Sarah Is still with you and doing well:love::love::love::love::love::love:She sure is a miracle bun who does not want to go any where in thr near future

I took this piccie of Sarah this evening :)

018-1.jpg

Back