• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safety gate project- FAILED!!

Little_Girl

Warren Scout
Hi everybody! :D

We just noticed that Barbie loves to climb up the stairs and run to the second floor of our house....

the problem is, i dont think she knows how to get down safely....

SO, we decided to do something to stop her... just in case she get hurt one day...

I bought a child safety gate from argos today, and installed it to the first step of the stairs..

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3767618/Trail/searchtext%3ECHILD+SAFETY+GATE.htm

Well, when we came to testing....

Barbie was able to get through between the gaps quite easily... :evil:

*Is there anyway to stop a bun from climbing up the stairs? *

If not, I will have to keep the hallway doors closed when she is out then... :roll:

Put some mesh or cardboard (temporary measure) along the bottom of the gate. That will stop any climbing;)

Finally...we decided to return the gate to argos...

as we all find it trouble to open and close the gate everytime we go up and down the stairs...

Most importantly...Barbie is trying to jump over it :shock:(even it is quite tall)

she should be able to jump over as she jumped up to my desk before, which is more like the same height...

I think the best thing to do now is to teach her how to get down the stairs safety...

I put her on the 3rd step of the stairs and get her to come down with her favourite treats...hope it works...:lol:

hehehe....problem solved! :lol: :lol:

Daddy brought home today a piece of clear plastic board.....

It is soft enough to be bend a little, and fit onto the the two sides of the stairs...

It is also light and easy to be put away...

As there are no gaps and it is higher than the safety gate, Barbie is not able to go thru(so far)...;)

Back