• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safe or Un-safe for rabbits

I dont think you should blame yourself there Elve, there are plenty of us that have bunnies stripping the wall paper off and I dont think I have ever seen a household paint that has the pet friendly label on the tin;) . How do you know it wasn't a fur blockage or did you have a pm?

No I didn't have a PM but it was logical once I realised how sticky it was - paper and carpet and all the other rubbish they eat passes through, but this was tar - imagine a solid, sticky, mass with hair (they were both moulting and Pepsi, being the servant bunny had to groom his brother) and food and all stuck together, and of course the tar wouldn't dissolve or soak up water, which is usually how things pass through the gut - obvious with hindsight that it would block up completely. He blew up before he died - his chest looked like he had 2 tennis balls inside his fur. The vet had given him gut stimulant and told me to force feed him, and he burst :( Thankfully he'd also had painkillers but it was horrible to see him go like that. Don't let your bunny chew roofing felt! :?

Back