• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad Day: Viola Rose will not be with us much longer

I can so empathise with you, having a bun with impaired kidney function myself. Every day is so precious, isn't it?

Sending Viola Rose loads and loads of vibes to remain comfortable and enjoying life for long enough to enjoy some warmer days and sunshine. xxxx

I'm so sorry to hear that, it seems so unfair after the fight she put up against myxi. :(

I hope you have many more precious moments to treasure. x

I'm so sorry :cry: I also had a bun survive myxi - Hugo lived for nearly 2 years before he was taken from me suddenly by a suspected heart attack. Someone on here suggested that the myxi may have weakened his heart which I hadn't even thought of at the time, although it seems obvious now...
I felt very cheated that although it appeared he had beaten that wretched disease, it still won in the end - it is something that I will never come to terms with :cry:

Vibes for your lovely girl to have as much quality time left with you as possible :love:

Thinking of you at this difficult time, I'm only a PM away if you want to talk. :cry:

I'm so sorry :cry: I also had a bun survive myxi - Hugo lived for nearly 2 years before he was taken from me suddenly by a suspected heart attack. Someone on here suggested that the myxi may have weakened his heart which I hadn't even thought of at the time, although it seems obvious now...
I felt very cheated that although it appeared he had beaten that wretched disease, it still won in the end - it is something that I will never come to terms with :cry:

Vibes for your lovely girl to have as much quality time left with you as possible :love:

Thinking of you at this difficult time, I'm only a PM away if you want to talk. :cry:

I do feel that myxi may leave some very long term 'scars'. I have heard of other buns that had myxi die from kidney failure within a couple of years - it may of course be the high doses of metacam etc that have to be given as part of the treatment but it may be the myxi itself. Another of my buns,Damson, who also had myxi when he was about 3 years old lived to be 9.5 years BUT he had a completely calcified kidney which when it was removed (when he was almost 9) the vet surgeon said must have been affected and useless for many years. Alas Hawthorn, my other myxi bun, did not live through myxi to tell the tale .

Viola Rose had an awful couple of days this weekend BUT is now looking rather better again. She had lots of 'popping' noises in her tum overnight which we think were result of gastric acids so we have been giving Tagamet and also Biolapsis with electrolytes and subcutfluids.

i am so sorry :cry:i really feel for you as i have a terminal ill bun too, knowing one day he wont be with me makes me cry, at the moment he is happy and stable but i know one day he wont be. keep those thoughts of the lovely extra year you have managed to have with her due to her strength and your caring and love for her. give her lots of cuddles and i bet she knows how much you love her. you never know you may have more happy days ahead, keep yout head held high for her and lots of nicey treats :) pain free vibes for her and poppy and casper give nose rubs to you both xxx

I do feel that myxi may leave some very long term 'scars'. I have heard of other buns that had myxi die from kidney failure within a couple of years - it may of course be the high doses of metacam etc that have to be given as part of the treatment but it may be the myxi itself. Another of my buns,Damson, who also had myxi when he was about 3 years old lived to be 9.5 years BUT he had a completely calcified kidney which when it was removed (when he was almost 9) the vet surgeon said must have been affected and useless for many years. Alas Hawthorn, my other myxi bun, did not live through myxi to tell the tale .

Viola Rose had an awful couple of days this weekend BUT is now looking rather better again. She had lots of 'popping' noises in her tum overnight which we think were result of gastric acids so we have been giving Tagamet and also Biolapsis with electrolytes and subcutfluids.

Hugs to you & your little girl - I hope she can be kept comfotable for a while longer. Myxi is such a devestating disease, I really feel for you X

Vibes that the positive improvement may continue. I know that you will make the right decision when the time comes
Nose rubs for the beautiful Viola Rose & what a beautiful name:love:

Back