• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround pictures and thoughts! And alternatives?

Natty123

Warren Scout
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone has made their own runaround type thing? They are so expensive for what they are (although they do look very good quality) and I thought it would be a lot cheaper to actually make one. I was thinking of getting some really strong mesh, bending it into an ark shape, then tying some line wire from one side of the bottom to the other side all the way along..if you can understand that :D An as for the tunnels does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be used? Also, if anybody has some photos of runaround set-ups and photos that could show how they are put together that would be a great help! :thumb:

Last edited:
perforated drainage pipe,you can use that,i found the pipes to be an ok price,it was the rest i thought was over priced but yes just get some wire and bend and shape it

Hi everyone,
I forgot to add, can anyone post some close up photos of how the runarounds are fixed together if possible? :wave:

if you just want to fit tunnel to tunnel,then what i did was buy some heavy duty cable ties as the pipes have little slits in,then i just cabled tied them together

I'd been hunting for pipes to fit my large bunny for ages before discovering runarounds. The pipes are a reasonable price when you start looking for the same thing elsewhere but adding postage and fixing bumps the price a lot. If you have smaller rabbits there are lots of places that sell 6inch ducting pipes that would do the job. The runaround people seem to be really nice and very helpful. I want an 8inch pipe and they are looking into it for me as the cheapest I can find a flexible pipe is about £60! They have worked hard to get their products to market and everyone has to make a living. The fixings do make the products

Back