• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rotten shed

rineyroo

Mama Doe
I've just been out to clean my buns' shed and put the foot through the floor on closer inspection most of the floor is damp and rotten to such an extent that I took the whole floor out. Removed some of the wood from the sides as well. Parents made me put the shed in dark corner of the garden. I am intending to buy my own place within the next 6 months or so and I don't want to buy a new shed nor do I want to go back to a hutch. I will have indoor rabbits when I get my own place. I suppose the best thing to do for now is repair the shed best I can, leaving it on paving slabs rather than bothering with more wood. At the moment my buns are on the lawn, still bonding them and they've been staying on the floor of the wood shed in a 6ft by 3ft pen whilst bonding, I suppose they can stay on this for a week or so. Or I could increase the pen area and keep them in there until I move. Any ideas?

I think the main things to consider are to make sure the buns are safe and not sitting on damp bedding. 6 x 3 is big enough if your rabbits are medium sized. Sorry I can't be of further help.

My buns are still in the temporary shed. I'm in the process of buying a house which has a utility area for them. It also has a shed and garage and reasonable garden. Should be in around March. :D

Last edited:
Back