• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP Hazel July'13-26 Feb'14

Emmzie

Warren Scout
I can't believe I'm here again posting about another bunny I have lost. Two weeks today I found Skittle dead. Today I went to feed Hazel who has been a lot better and really came out of her shell she even licks my nose and loves snuggles... I found her in the cage having some sort of fit and spasm. I carried her indoors panicking, she was breathing fast then slow. I rang the vets and try to rush her there, even if she was going to be put down, I carried her In a towel in the car but she passed away while going there.

Skittle and Hazel were only 6 months old, what am I doing wrong? I would like to think she passed away knowing she could as she seemed relaxed being with me as she took her last breathe.

I wish I had answers, I don't know what's happening :(

RIP Hazel, you can be together with Skittle now. Love you Madame.

6yhesy2e.jpg
epeby8yq.jpg
2y8uhapu.jpg

~ Emmzie x

Oh no, how awful,I'm so sorry :cry: Binky free Hazel xx

I'm assuming they were kept in a hutch made of rabbit safe wood, and not bedded on shavings, as you seem like a very good bunny mummy. Maybe it could be something they were born with? xx

I'm so sorry :( binky free hazel, together with skittle again xx

I had a bunny who started fitting uncontrollably out of the blue at about 6 months old. I wonder if they may have been similar disorders? My vet suspected EC or a hereditary neurological disorder. Whatever it was I'm sure it's no reflection on your ability to care for bunnies, sometimes awful things just happen and there nothing we can do :(

Thinking of you xx

Oh no, how awful,I'm so sorry :cry: Binky free Hazel xx

I'm assuming they were kept in a hutch made of rabbit safe wood, and not bedded on shavings, as you seem like a very good bunny mummy. Maybe it could be something they were born with? xx

I'm hoping it was something they were born with. I felt I did everything I could, hutch made from rabbit safe wood, no shavings, inside was paper shred and straw, hay for feeding, heat pads and Lino flooring.

I can't have any bunnies again it hurts too much. No pets for me, can't deal with it.

~ Emmzie x

I'm hoping it was something they were born with. I felt I did everything I could, hutch made from rabbit safe wood, no shavings, inside was paper shred and straw, hay for feeding, heat pads and Lino flooring.

I can't have any bunnies again it hurts too much. No pets for me, can't deal with it.

~ Emmzie x

I'm sure you did everything right for them, I think you have been incredibly unlucky, I'm so sorry this has happened to you :cry: I know at the moment things are very raw, and I understand exactly what you mean when you say there'll be no more rabbits for you, I said exactly the same when we lost our last bridge bunny. But after 6 months had passed we got another pair, then shortly after that got another 2. I hope you will be feel able to consider having more bunnies in the future. Sending big hugs xx

I've lost three rabbits. Fudge will lukemia last year I had to put him down now these two in the space of two weeks :( I hope she knew I was trying to take her to the vets even if it was to put her down. Horrible to see head tilt :'(

~ Emmzie x

I'm so sorry for your loss, heartbreaking to lose two buns in such a short time, so sad.
Binky free hazel, find skittle at the bridge and be together again xx

I'm so sorry! Please don't blame yourself, this is nothing to do with your ability as a bunny mummy. And try to remember that although fudge, skittle and hazel went to the bridge too soon, they knew you loved them and you gave them a wonderful life.

I haven't been on here for awhile but thank you all for your support. On top of this I'm going through some issues at home and nothing seems to be going well.

I am going to volunteer at Bleakholt animal rescue next weekend to keep my mind of everything and look after the small furries :)

~ Emmzie x

Back