• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rhia could do with some vibes :( U/D Fri am

If in doubt take her back to the vet, they'll look after her. :) I hope she feels better soon. x x

We have been in contact with the vets since we got her home, and we're doubtful being there will aid her recovery. Theres also nothing they can do now that I cant at home, except give her the meds...but that will happen :? X

Good question :? Im really struggling to deal with this without someone who knows absolutely everything about rabbits standing beside me observing her! The answer is I just dont know...Shes fine, not Rhia, but a normal rabbit going about their business. Then she just lays down & its like someone turns out the lights. Shes lying down a lot. Sometimes she'll just stop & lie and other times she'll do like a flop (not quite like a happy flop, but in the same sort of movement, she'll sort of just do it gently and not enthusiastic as a happy flop) and then move herself into a strange position. I cant get the medicine into her, and Im in two minds whether to take her back to the vets - Seems to be that stress only aggrevates it. When she started getting upset about med-giving, I put her back & she just slumped. I feel quite out of my depth X

Has her heart been listened to? My Chocolate had a murmer & she was very lethargic

I hate to hear of her being like this, she is such a gorgeous bun and was so full of life and mischief when she was here, so I can only imagine how hard this must be for you to see her like this. Is there anyone you know at the vets (maybe one of the nurses you are friendly with) that passes on their way home that could help you give her the meds as they are obviously an important part of her getting better.
Give her an extra special nose rub from her Aunty Lynne

I know very little about this (EC and I would be your person!!!): and am NOT a vet . . . HOWEVER I have a bun who does a lot of activity and then 'turns off' sometimes in a happy way but other times in a strange exhausted way - and sometimes breathes quite fast when he has turned off.

We know that he has a very very slightly detectable heart problem that has been picked up by vets on listening with stethoscope. We have never yet had a full heart test done on him - but may at some point in future.

I just offer this as some of the symptoms do sound similar and I wonder if you need a heart check?

Lynne Im really glad your around, it helps that someone understands how she was before..if that makes sense. That would be ideal re the VN, but because we dont use a vets round here they all live over that way. I'm going to try & get a few more hands to hold her down. PB, her heart & a possible problem is definately being considered. How would they do a heart test? Im at a loss to be honest. Shes just been laid out - eyes shut, nose barely twitching, not responding to anything around her. I just sat & stroked her head, although shes not a touchy bun, I knew she wanted me to carry on. I thought is she worsening, is she leaving?! Shook her body a bit and she did nothing, so I pinched her foot gently, and still nothing. Pinched it quite hard (Probably harder than I meant to, was paniced :oops:) & she shot up. Now shes sat munching hay? Doesnt make sense. Im working all weekend & am dreading it, thankfully there will be people around who have been helping watch her already, but its not the same X

Back