• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rex,Mimi don't let me pat them

Bunny_Beginner said:
I need to get it right now? when Rabbits will be adults?

If you start looking now then you will be able to find a good supplier and can start mixing in some of the new hay ready for when they grow up.

Caz

You can offer them food in your hand and yes that may help in taming them as they will see you as a friend who provides them with food! :wink:

I have adopted three adult rabbits from rescues and they have been mostly tamed. One has behavioural problems and will never be cuddly but the other two adults are tame.

Caz

Well so Far My sisther's rabbit Mimi is a 8 weeks old(I think her ears is bigger then Rex)She is kind of aggersive...she is pretty fast...Rex is a 7 weeks old she is a shy rabbit who don't let me pat her....How I can taming aggersive/shy rabbits?

hi

Tiny baby rabbits like these aren't usually hard to tame if you can be calm around them - don't scream, laugh loud, move fast or carry them around as this will frighten them - they are still only so young they should be with their mother.

The 5 girls I adopted 2 weeks ago are all adult rabbits - they are not tame but they don't bite - they just want to run away from me and I can not touch them, except for the mother (the gold colour one) But they are starting to like me better because they know I give them food...

So I just feed them and talk to them quietly - I don't try to touch them at all - Now they start to come to touch me and let me very close to them, so they are starting to get tame. You just have to wait a few weeks and be kind to them until they trust you.

My sisther's Rabbit Mimi and my Rabbit Rex knows I am feeding them They can't calm down when I feeding them when they are in a cage is that mean they likes me?

If a rabbit is relaxed around you they will lay down with their feet out (the harder it is for them to run away - the more relaxed they are around you). Also they will come up to you for nose-rubs and cuddles if they like you.

As everyone says it just takes a bit of time.

Caz

Rabbits like to be stroked just above their nose towards the eyes. So if you use your fingers to gently stroke from the nose towards the top of their forehead they really love it and will sit still for hours, sometimes they chatter their teeth if they are really enjoying it.

Caz

It depends, it might take longer, you have to wait and keep trying daily to tame them, you cannot rush this :wink:

Back