• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues !!:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered how long it would be before a thread with this title popped up :)

As people may have realised we have cut our numbers down quite significantly over the past few weeks because my workload has increased, and after all, thats what keeps all of us fed, watered and sheltered.

Oh no, who's giving up rescuing? I hope it's not any of the rescues on here :(

I think it best for said Rescue to tell us if they want to. It is just so desperately sad that lovely, caring, dedicated people get pushed to breaking point by the idiots they have to deal with and by the selfish people who are only interested in what they want to do :evil::evil:
Honestly, some of the stories would make your hair stand on end. It would also bring you to tears :cry::cry:

Yet its still OK to continue to add to the problem...............

Not in my book its not

Janex

What frustrates me the most is how young most of the rabbits are in the rescues. Its amazing how people can't be bothered after such a short amount of time.

I was thinking about eventually finding Dillon an older female as he'll be 5 in April. I thought it would an easy search as most people prefer younger bunnies, but no, there is nothing suitable in my area at all so will have to widen my search. It makes me so sad :cry:

I agree, you all do a wonderful job and i could never bear to deal with all that you have to deal with everyday. :thumb:

I was thinking about eventually finding Dillon an older female as he'll be 5 in April. I thought it would an easy search as most people prefer younger bunnies, but no, there is nothing suitable in my area at all so will have to widen my search. It makes me so sad :cry:

Bramcote Animal Rescue in Nottingham have an 8 year old female rabbit listed on their website, if you're not too far away?

The thing that puts me off starting rescuing is that in order to rehome as many rabbits as possible, you need to make people aware that you exist. Unfortunately once people know you exist, you become inundated with dumped rabbits and telephone calls, etc. :(

I don't know how rescues cope with that. It must be impossible to stick to your maximum quota :(

Thanks Jane, it's very much appreciated, as you know we are at an all time low here, the last two big rescues we did have really knocked the stuffing out of us, no thanks to the RSPCA who failed yet again :roll: and left us to clear up their mess and breeders who are adding daily to the problem and then coming on the forum to rub our noses in it, it's all getting too much to bear.

That is exactly the point I was trying to make, well said!!! :D

Thank you Jane and others for your support.
Yes it is very hard and like all others we are over our limit at present:(

Stupid, uncaring people make me scream..and its so hard to not type your true feelings sometimes:censored:

Anyway..thanks to all..and to add..the well done goes to those who foster too!

Anyway..thanks to all..and to add..the well done goes to those who foster too!

and those who fundraise ...do bun runs etc :D

You know what makes me scream? That some people can't say well done to one bunch of people without slagging off another.

I think over the past few days I've made my stance pretty clear. If you don't like it then tough, don't use the forum. We've tried gentle prompting and reminding you of the rules. Now we're going to come down hard.

Tamsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back