• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescued Bun - Unsure of what to do next for him - lonely?

That's a lovely thing to say :) he's started licking my hands and face - now I'm in love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all - quick update! Onzi is having his first introduction into his new home. He's so happy it's emotional. From the start Onzi was very curious and now he is running and binkying like there's no tomorrow :) here's some pictures!....

7ametazu.jpg

5ajeryte.jpg

6yma5y3y.jpg

He's visiting the vet tomorrow for a full health check and for booking in for spay and vaccinations. :)

Hi all - here's the latest with Onzi

I took him for a full health check with the vet yesterday and...
Well his eye is forever damaged :( the vet isn't going to remove it - and she used dye in his eyes to check nothing was blocked as the dye came out of his nose.
His teeth are fine, his abdomen feels normal, and all in all he's a very healthy bun!!! :) so so sooo happy!!
The vet estimated him as 1 year old. Poor little man - what a start in life :(

He absolutely LOVES his new hutch and run.

He is to be neutered on Friday !!!!!! and I have begun the search for a new friend for him....watch this space 😄

Such a special boy.

Wonderful story.:love: Onzi is beautiful.:love: Shame about his eye but at least he is young and healthy and has a great home with you.

😀 thank you so much. I'm happy that he is young - he has a real chance. And it's lucky he's okay. It's so heartwarming to see him run to me ! An emotional journey

Onzi's castration

Hi everyone
Onzi had his op on Friday. It went very well and he started eating when he came round.
He was quite grumpy over the weekend as I brought him back inside so I could keep and eye on him etc. he was soon getting frustrated though! :( so I put him back out and he was much happier.
I went to take him for a post op check earlier today and the nurse told me his wound was healing just fine.
The nurse had a good poke around and I think it upset Onzi quite a bit as when I got home he wouldn't move much but also wouldn't let me near him. :( I think he'll be okay but I think he is in pain again. I hope he will be pick up again tomorrow.
X

Loved reading about Onzi. :D He sounds very lucky to have been found by you!

I just wanted to say, if you were concerned about him being older, why don't you adopt an older rescue rabbit to go with him? I'm sure there are older rabbits who get overlooked in rescues. :)

Loved reading about Onzi. :D He sounds very lucky to have been found by you!

I just wanted to say, if you were concerned about him being older, why don't you adopt an older rescue rabbit to go with him? I'm sure there are older rabbits who get overlooked in rescues. :)

Thanks very much! He is just 1 year old according to the vet, bless him!
I'd always consider older buns, as I thought (my own bad judgement) that he looked about four or five! Have them all if I could ;).
Onzi is not recovering so well from his operation, however. He's going back to the vet again today - after an apparent bacterial infection was overlooked by the nurse yesterday. It's only when I checked him when he let me near him again did I notice something was wrong . :cry::cry:

Hi everyone:wave:
Thanks for the get well wishes and vibes. It turns out Onzi had an allergic reaction to the hibiscrub from his op and went mad crazy to try to get it off. He's red raw :( he's on metacam now and I've bathed him and dried him and keeping a close eye and trying to nudge him when he begins to chew.
Poor little man. Back to round the clock care
:cry:

Onzi update

Hi all
Onzi is now making a great recovery. His cone has been off around 3 days now and no problems so far. Skin looks fine now, he's just bald on his back end! He's so happy.

Today I picked up Hyacinth, a 1 year old Nethie. She's had a very tough start in life - used for breeding and kept in a 3ft cage and just a dog bowl full of nuggets, no hay etc. Hyacinth is incredibly timid, and only weighs 1kg.

She's eating okay and drinking so that's a good sign! Will keep an eye on her as I was advised she may easily get stasis as she suffered with it when she was rescued - most of the buns from that hoarding rescue died from stasis and general poor health.

Hopefully with time and love she will become a confident trusting bun and will be the perfect friend for special Onzi!

Well done for rescuing Onzi and giving him a promising future. :love: He is so handsome and accommodation looks fab :thumb: Their names (Onzi and Hyacinth) suit each other, if they bond it sounds like the perfect pair :)

Hi everyone :wave:

Onzi and Hyacinth have been meeting for the first time this weekend. Their cages have been next to each other for a week so I thought I'd try to start the bonding process!
Here's a few piccies - looks positive so far ;) Onzi has already started grooming her fur.
I'll be moving them outside very soon to share their new accommodation.

Fingers crossed!! :)
X

Back