• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RESCUE SPACE SOUGHT FOR 83 Bunnies in WAKEFIELD

Its 1.57am and i need to be up in a few hours to do a run to take another 30 buns. I am sorry I haven't been back on to update on transport runs.

Most rescues are waiting till we have got all the buns out and all the piggies out (7 came out earlier this week and shall we say, still alive)

I am helping the rescue that is closest to the problem, We have about 30 spaces tomorrow but I haven't got enough hours in the day to drop them all off so some will stay with me till Sunday night.

I dont know how individual rabbits are unfortunately, most need some kind of health check or worse still vet treatment which is keeping the already busy rescues even more busy.

The rest of the buns are being taken to the rescue that is closest and will be fed and watered there till I can organise another bunny run to other rescues.

Bear with me!!!!! this is a monumental task!!!

If there are any rescues that are on RU that haven't to date offered help but that could, even by taking one or two bunnies, please can you add your details on here or possibly even e-mail me on therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk (if you don't already have Jenny's contact phone number).

In particular if you are 'down south' - in case I can be a holding point for more than just those I am taking in. If needs be I can hold a few more on top of what Jenny will keep safe until tomorrow when we could try and find drivers to get them out to you. I will be speaking to Jenny later in the day when she has assessed which bunnies will be moved to rescue offers today so I can update her or confirm with her any new places.

I'm down here in South Wales but if any transport is needed down this way would be happy to help. Not much to offer I'm afraid....

Good luck all :wave:

Not much help to offer here Helen as I don't have the emergency hutch anymore, but if you're desperate i could take a bun or two for a week or so if you could provide an indoor cage or dog crate. Could help with a bunny run if you need it. I hope they're not in a too bad a state :(

Not much help to offer here Helen as I don't have the emergency hutch anymore, but if you're desperate i could take a bun or two for a week or so if you could provide an indoor cage or dog crate. Could help with a bunny run if you need it. I hope they're not in a too bad a state :(

Thanks Tanya, Jens left a few hours ago as far as I know so what she has onboard is heading for allocated offers of help. Some buns will overnight at hers and then onwards to rescue space further on. I'm taking 5 here and am busy setting up emergency hutches as we speak. I am collecting from Crawley late tonight so we are fixed for now I think. Not sure what will be needed over the coming week or so, and I've no doubt that Jenny will update later/tomorrow etc. if she would like any further help with onwards travel or any more coming out of the place later. Not all came today :-(

I can only update from here so I can tell you that I had two babies born the day after they all arrived. One of the REW giants is the mum. We are on standyby for the other giant girl (the sister to the other mum) to give birth.

Felix one of the bunnies was neutered today and is doing well.

Three more bunnies are coming down from Sophie who organised the initial rescue on Tuesday next week and I believe that some more rabbits will also be coming down too - some to go to a rescue near Oxford and some possibly travelling to rescue space in Southampton.

I'm sure Jenny will be along soon to update from her end.

Back