• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue HELP needed please please

How exactly did you get them. Did they just hand them over saying they didn't want them anymore or just ask you to look after them for a while?
i ask if i could have them,as i couldn stand to see them in that messa nymore and rspca hadnt done a thing about it,they just gave them to me.

Originally you said you were going to telll them they had been stolen??

if they gave them to you just say they can't have them back..but do realise they will probably go and get more:(

Originally you said you were going to telll them they had been stolen??
yeah plan was sort of like 'sorry you cant have them back cos last night they have gone missing':oops: i guess this is wrong now as i have been totally slated for it:roll: ops
if they gave them to you just say they can't have them back..but do realise they will probably go and get more:( maybe but thats what these people are like,im sure people you have taken buns off get more but it doesnt stop you trying to stop it:roll:[/QUOTE]

Sorry :oops: every1 im just trying to do the right thing,didnt mean to do anything wrong,ill just tell him he aint having them back,see what happens he is going to call me soon:roll:

Last edited:
As the bunnies have been given to you and you are not boarding them, you can do with them what you wish. I see your point it would be awkward for your sister to say no they cannot have them back if they are sitting there. Hopefully anyone who can help will pm you and arrange to help. privately. I doubt anyone will now post an offer of help, as there has been so much advice given why it shouldn't happen. Good luck in securing them a place.

What exactly do you think these peopl will do if you don't return their buns? go out and get some more, obviously. Then they'll eventually get bored of those too and there'll be four buns in rescue instead of two.

As the bunnies have been given to you and you are not boarding them, you can do with them what you wish. I see your point it would be awkward for your sister to say no they cannot have them back if they are sitting there. Hopefully anyone who can help will pm you and arrange to help. privately. I doubt anyone will now post an offer of help, as there has been so much advice given why it shouldn't happen. Good luck in securing them a place.

Thanks but i doubt anyone on here will help now privately or otherwise as its been made out to be something really wrong:( and come across all wrong

What exactly do you think these peopl will do if you don't return their buns? go out and get some more, obviously. Then they'll eventually get bored of those too and there'll be four buns in rescue instead of two.

so what should i do let them have them back when they gave them away and didn care for them in the first place!!! now they fancy them back, like i said before people like this may well go out and get more but that doesnt mean we should leave buns in horrible homes just to keep the number of animals in rescues down!!:censored:
why do i feel like i have done something wrong here????? i didnt keep them in shity housing with horrible water and no proper shelter!!!!! is it my fault they might buy more? NO!!! its the fault of pet shops and breeders who sell to every1 and any1 without a bloody care.
I feel like im being told to condem these 2 cos that way at least they wont go buy any more!!!!!! wtf

NO, I don't think you are wrong at all. I think you should just not give them back, if they choose to spend money getting more then there is nothing you can do about that IMO, but you CAN do something about the two you have rescued. I can see that you were desperate for an idea to help them, and I can totally see why you were looking for various ways out of the situation. Keep them, get them chipped at the vet Monday and yourself as registered owner !!!

I think you need to go away and give yourself a bit of time as you seem to be working yourself up. The point of this forum is to get people's different opinions from all angles - rescues included. Absolutely no-one is condemning you and I completely understand how frustrated you are and what a difficult position you are in. Just keep an open mind on what people are saying on here, take on board people's advice and opinions and then make an informed decision. I understand that bunny owners such as the ones you are describing are both infuriating and exasperating. Just remember we all understand how you are feeling :)

I think you need to go away and give yourself a bit of time as you seem to be working yourself up. The point of this forum is to get people's different opinions from all angles - rescues included. Absolutely no-one is condemning you and I completely understand how frustrated you are and what a difficult position you are in. Just keep an open mind on what people are saying on here, take on board people's advice and opinions and then make an informed decision. I understand that bunny owners such as the ones you are describing are both infuriating and exasperating. Just remember we all understand how you are feeling :)

:lol: think i am a little worked up,sorry:oops: but but i cant help it:roll:
I value everyones opinions on here otherwise i wouldnt have asked,i have had some great advice on here and have learnt soooooo much in the last few weeks and i dont want to get myself shut out by this post but some things that have been said made me upset and the things i have said are just my opinion on whats been said.

I think your original post was what was confusing everyone
If they gave them to you then you can keep them or give them away ..your choice
if you want to hand them into a rescue you need to contact a local one who's policies you are aware of and agree with and ask if they have room or they can go on waiting list
No one is trying to get at you..I think we were all trying to keep you from getting into trouble:D

Technically the rabbits do NOT belong to those other people now. They gave them away. I would under no circumstances hand them back over, and if they want to argue print off those pictures and tell them that the RSPCA would be interested in seeing them. I see where you are coming from in terms of causing trouble for your sister, but there's no way on earth that I would hand them back over.

I hope you are find someone to help :(

Technically the rabbits do NOT belong to those other people now. They gave them away. I would under no circumstances hand them back over, and if they want to argue print off those pictures and tell them that the RSPCA would be interested in seeing them. I see where you are coming from in terms of causing trouble for your sister, but there's no way on earth that I would hand them back over.

I hope you are able find someone to help :(

eeep i hope you sort something.

if i was you i would keep them and tell them there not having them back.

i had a bun handed in to me, someone had left him when they moved out. i contacted rspca and made it clear they had left him etc. lucky i did this as a week later they returned. demanding to the landlady they wanted him back. funnily enough they never came and asked me for him :roll:

good luck :D

You Did The Right Thing

:(PEOPLE LIKE THAT DONT CHANGE I NEW SOMEONE WHO KEPT THERE PETS IN HORRIBLE STATES I WAS WHEN SHE LEFT THEM LEAST THEY GOT GOOD HOMES NOW I PHONED RSPCA THEY DID NOWT :censored::censored:ID HELP U BUT I LIVE IN SUNDERLAND AND GOT NO TRANSPORT I WOULDNT GIVE THEM BACK

I think they may have changed their minds,guy was meant to call me but he hasn't :D might have something to do with the hutch i emailed his daughter,with the words you can take them back if you get this:lol::lol:whoooop
Fingers crossed they drop it now.

Hope everything works out for the bunnies and that the previous owners don't ever call you again, they shouldn't be aloud any animals as those conditions were totally disgusting. You did the right thing taking them away from there.

Back