• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Renamed- Bonding Strawberry

DSCF9988.jpg

This is the latest development- we have some snuggling! I have made the area even smaller which seems to have stopped the chasing and am going to take them out in the carrier at lunch time before putting them in a slightly larger area.

I need to nip out for an hour this afternoon so not sure whether I can leave them or need to put the divide back in.

Problem is if you separate them its harder to bond them. I am hoping to leave them for half an hour while i drop my niece off, then I come back to them and go fetch her later. If i have to stay with her then i will have to put the divide in. they have been fine so far in the small area, no chasing anymore.

I have to take my Niece to her play group so I can only take them with me if I can drop her off and come home- but if I have to wait with her then I cant take them. I will ring this afternoon when they open and see if I can leave her there but dont think I will be able to.

Yeh they are now flopping out next to each other and we have lot more grooming. There has been no chasing for a few hours now and strawberry doesnt seem interested in humping anymore.

Just as i was about to nip out and leave them Strawberry decided to start humping her face! He really has no manners that boy! She didnt seem to mind too much but I didnt want her to turn on him and bit his bits so i pulled him off. I have dropped off my niece and will be taking them with me in the carrier to collect her soon.

Were back to humping and chasing again!!! She isnt turning on him at all but is running away.Have moved them back into the tiny area and am hoping it will calm down soon! They have been so good all day! Was hoping to be able to leave them tomorrow as my family want me to go out for the day but think i will have to put them next to each other if they carry on like this tonight!

I hope so! They have been really good all day and its only this evening he has started again. He isnt doing any harm and she is just moving away and doesnt seem to have an agressive bone in her so they should be ok!

Last edited:
I hope they are good bunnies for you tonight, it definately looks like they have made some progress. I am leaving no divide between Biscuit & Caramel tonight for the 1st time as I have seen no chasing today and they are currently sitting side by side on the lawn right now (just about to put them to bed). Fingers crossed we both have peaceful nights.

They were fine over night! Had a little bit of humping about 11pm but after that there hasnt been any. I am going out for the day today and going to leave them together I think. They were fine all day yesterday and as long as they dont start chasing again this morning then I think they will be ok.

Glad everything is going okay.
Yesterday Gho was acting very wierd.
I took Pickle out to show to the girls over the road (one had never seen him) and Ghostie was chasing poor Toffee. I think it's due to it being spring that they are all getting a bit.... silly :? :lol:

I ws very brave and went out and left them today! Just got back and there is no evidence of any chasing (she is molting so there would be hair everywhere) and they both seem relaxed. Gonna try moving them out of the NIC enclosure into the bigger dog crate later to see how they are with a bit more space and will let them have a hop around the bathroom. if all goes well tonight then they will be going in there proper home tomorrow.

Don't know if it will help but when I bonded my Strawberry (mine's a girl!) with Roger they were great apart from the humping - Roger obviously thought all his Christmases had come at once.

I put a small plastic step up (from the pound shop) in their crate which allowed Stawberrry to get a rest from his humping as it was big enough for just her to fit underneath, so it acted like a tortoise shell.

Thanks. Once i move them to their permenant home there will be plenty of places for her to get away from him if she needs to.It seems to have calmed now anyways and I havent seen him do it for a while.This is their last evening of supervision before they go into a rearranged NIC setup tomorrow!

Back