• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehoming Rabbits

Where Would You Place Details of a Rabbit (Rabbits) in Need of a New Home ?

• Only on Rabbit Rehome

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • Classified Ads online and in local newspapers

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Ad in Vet Surgery, Petshop

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • There are no circumstances whereby I would EVER rehome a Rabbit

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters
Firstly, if I was any where near you I would offer my help in a heartbeat. I'm a pro s*** shoveller ;) and I'm fit for purpose. I'd be there every day if I could, helping clean out and feed, and you could remain in charge of cuddles! :love: With some help, you may be able to keep going for a lot longer than you may be able to currently. I'm seriously surprised that no one else has said anything similar so far. :shock:

Without any intent at offence Jane, I think people would help if they could and were local, but i get the impression that you are not that comfortable with people in your home? Thats understandable, but just wanted to make sure you didnt think poeple wouldnt offer if asked!

Also just to add, I didn't realise this was relating to anyone personally. I thought that this was just a general poll and I think others did too and have answered on that basis. My answers and others I think have been specific to my/their circumstances which inevitably determine anyone's course of action in making decisions regarding their pets welfare. We all have very different lives and different ways of dealing with things or plans for 'what may or may never happen to us.' :D

Also just to add, I didn't realise this was relating to anyone personally. I thought that this was just a general poll and I think others did too and have answered on that basis. My answers and others I think have been specific to my/their circumstances which inevitably determine anyone's course of action in making decisions regarding their pets welfare. We all have very different lives and different ways of dealing with things or plans for 'what may or may never happen to us.' :D

yeh i agree with this,and also if someone has a view on what they would/wouldnt/could/couldnt do, it isnt reflective on or aimed at anyone else but themselves. :)

I think we missed an option on the poll:

Returning to original rescue

If you have rescue rabbits, then their original rescue has first refusal don't they?

Ideally i would never have to rehome any of my rabbits but if the worst ever happened then i would only put them on RR

As for where to advertise them, like others I don't think ti matter where they are shown as available..its the checks you do before you let someone take them
Make sure you actually do a physical check and don't believe people when they say they will change something next week..make them do all changes needed and recheck before the bunnies go.

and yep just because someone is a member of a particular forum doesn't mean they'll pass a homecheck..and just because someone calls themselves a rescue doesn't necessarily mean they are a good one as with above check them out

Back