• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehoming 'older' buns - does it happen?

I always go for either oldies or overlooked buns/piggies first. Flora and Parsnip were five and a half when I adopted them and had been returned to rescue twice :(. Pea and Pod were simply agouti and overlooked and Beryl was a five and a half year old piggy. But then I'm a sucker for animals that no-one else wants :lol:.

This is something I've been wondering about too. I've got two 9 year old foster buns here at the moment, brother and sister. I was worried that no one would want them, good to know older buns are popular! :)

I rehomed two agouti sisters from P@H - they were not older ones (about a year) but had they been older I would have taken them anyway - I love agoutis and do not mind about age.

I have adopted an older single in the past.

HOWEVER it is worth bearing in mind that if the bun is KNOWN and RECORDED OFFICIALLY as over 5 years old at time of adoption one cannot get insurance which for some of us is an essential.

'looks up in air and whistles innocently . . . . . . '

That is true. We knew we couldn't insure Kenco, and his dental problems would have been exempt anyway. So he has to earn his keep here!

(Only joking!) :D

Back