• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehoming advice?

hulmerist

New Kit
We did have 2 rabbits in a large outdoor run. We were able to successfully bond them, however one of them sadly died a few months ago. My question is with the remaining rabbit who is now on their own outside in the run. Would we be better rehoming him so that he can be with another?

We can't get another rabbit as we now have a dog(who is not at all bothered so far with rabbits) and don't really want to start a cycle of getting a new rabbit every time one of the passes away! Plus the children are now older and less bothered about their pets!

He seems happy enough but is pretty much left alone due to him being outside. Would he be better being rehomed so he can be with a companion?

We did have 2 rabbits in a large outdoor run. We were able to successfully bond them, however one of them sadly died a few months ago. My question is with the remaining rabbit who is now on their own outside in the run. Would we be better rehoming him so that he can be with another?

We can't get another rabbit as we now have a dog(who is not at all bothered so far with rabbits) and don't really want to start a cycle of getting a new rabbit every time one of the passes away! Plus the children are now older and less bothered about their pets!

He seems happy enough but is pretty much left alone due to him being outside. Would he be better being rehomed so he can be with a companion?

IMO yes, all Rabbits need a companion of their own kind. This is especially true for outdoor Rabbits. Rescues are over-run with Rabbits so you are going to have a long wait to get a Rescue space. I would contact some local Rescues anyway to see if they will put your Rabbit on their waiting list. Is your Rabbit neutered and up to date with vaccinations ? Both are essential and if a Rabbit is signed over to a Rescue un-neutered and/ or unvaccinated the person rehoming the Rabbit should fund the treatments necessary. Rescues are all self funded and rely on Donations to cover all costs.

Back