• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re Garden Centre Rabbit-U/D 18th August... Reply Received

Finally I have received a reply from the Garden Centre....

'Thank you for your letter dated 6th August 2006 and I am sorry to read that you still feel uncomfortable about the care and needs of Rex the Rabbit

In past correspondence I have mentioned Rex has regular walks and exercise 'out of hours'. He also has regular check ups with a local Veterinary Surgery.

Rex currently does have mites for which he is receiving the appropriate course of treatment. The Vet is happy with his overall bill of health.

Rex is now approaching 7 years of age and with this in mind and the extra welfare needs of a Rabbit of this age, we may be looking for a 'retirement home' for Rex. As stated in my reply to your letter dated 10th August 2005 we have a number of suitable homes for Rex to go to. A decision will be made at the time WE feel it best for Rex to move home.

Regards.....

In other words BOG-OFF WOMAN.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh :x :x

And I know what Vet they use. I would not take ANY Pet of mine to them

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Janex

Oh that's a shame that they are being so hard faced about it :( Even though you are offering a wonderful home. They are just being awkward for the sake of it I think!

There have been concerns about Rex for many years now, when I was involved with another rescue different people used to go in and complain about the fact he had no water and was out in the run in the full heat of the day without any protection. Unfortunately this garden centre has been very stubborn, they usually change what they are doing for a few weeks and then go back to their old practices. Local authoritys and inspectors have been contacted many times about this poor rabbit over the years, either they are powerless to do anything or are not willing.

jrn1310 said:
There have been concerns about Rex for many years now, when I was involved with another rescue different people used to go in and complain about the fact he had no water and was out in the run in the full heat of the day without any protection. Unfortunately this garden centre has been very stubborn, they usually change what they are doing for a few weeks and then go back to their old practices. Local authoritys and inspectors have been contacted many times about this poor rabbit over the years, either they are powerless to do anything or are not willing.

Have you seen him recently Janice

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

jrn1310 said:

Then it seems that the press is probably the only way to go. Do you think that any local papers would be interested Jane?

Back