• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re-bonding

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
I'm re-bonding our bunnies after a period of separation (she had an op). Forgot how stressful it is.

Billy spends every minute desperately trying to find a way through the panels separating them, to get to her, only stopping when he's exhausted himself. I feel like it can't be good for him at his age :lol: when he manages to get through, we reinforce the weak spot, but he'll just go on to find another chink. When he does get through, he humps her so excessively! It's not good for their bonding process.

The few sessions they've had together have been 100% humping, I feel guilty looking at the "distant" look in Poppy's eyes as he does it :(

The periods of separation get him so wound up, that when he can get near her, all he wants to do is hump her too. The moments of progress only came when he'd tired himself out and had to lie down to get his breath back!

It's such a nightmare!

Could you try leaving them together. IME every time a humper is separated they just need to hump more. The humping may reduce significantly if he is not removed from her. It would be good if she were to tell him off and for him to get the message. Problems with fighting only occur if the humper responds to being told off by becoming aggressive.

Sending lots of bonding vibes :love: I agree with IM I would try to leave them together.

Could you try leaving them together. IME every time a humper is separated they just need to hump more. The humping may reduce significantly if he is not removed from her. It would be good if she were to tell him off and for him to get the message. Problems with fighting only occur if the humper responds to being told off by becoming aggressive.

I was starting to think this might be the better option, to let him get it out his system. Poppy is very tolerant, she's such a lovely wee soul, but in some ways it works to her detriment because she'll never tell him off for it.

I guess the next question is whether it would be best to shut them in the one room, or to leave the door open so she can escape up the stairs if he's getting too bad? Billy doesn't go more than a few steps up.

I was starting to think this might be the better option, to let him get it out his system. Poppy is very tolerant, she's such a lovely wee soul, but in some ways it works to her detriment because she'll never tell him off for it.

I guess the next question is whether it would be best to shut them in the one room, or to leave

the door open so she can escape up the stairs if he's getting too bad? Billy doesn't go more than a few steps up.

I’d let her have an escape route x

Billy got through last night again. Had planned to let them have full time together today, so we've just left them to it.

He's still a bit of a humper, but they're in snooze time now.

Sorry for the poos, but bonding :roll:
7649105a8ff64b6815077c3556e9aaa0.jpg

Back