• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Raise your hand if you worm your rabbits!

Squidging it between basil leaves works quite well. Mischa loves the stuff and will have it straight from the syringe, makes me think that he must remember it from when he was ill.

Spenser's vet has never mentioned it, although 'advice on worming' is part of the service they advertise on his vaccination card. I think I'll leave him be unless needs must!

9 days is not long enough. Really you should do a 28 day course. This is long enough to kill worms and the EC parasite.

I worm once a year after boarding for 28 days. I squirt the panacur on a SS pellet, they take it right out of my hand.

I'm a bit confused about what you do, so do you just give them one dose of however much they are meant to have from a syringe (or on food or something) once a day for 9/28 days? Then stop, and do it again next year? Sorry its a bit of an easy question, but I get confused easily :oops:

I'm a bit confused about what you do, so do you just give them one dose of however much they are meant to have from a syringe (or on food or something) once a day for 9/28 days? Then stop, and do it again next year? Sorry its a bit of an easy question, but I get confused easily :oops:

There is sooooo much conflicting and changing advice on this, I think most people (including the vets :lol::lol: are confused).

According to the packaging, a 9 day course "should" be given between 2 and 4 times a year as a 'preventative measure' for worms and e.cuniculi. The 28 day course is the course to be given if there is an active infection of e.cuniculi.

If you have a look through some of the information here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=236020&highlight=fenbendazole it might help you to get to grips with things and come to your own decision a bit better :)

IMO there is no point in worming unless you suspect your rabbit has worms or EC, or there is a high possibility it could have it, eg after boarding or when you introduce new rabbits.

Back