• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rainbow bridge....

I do reply as much as I can. If its immediate, normally always. I read everything, I feel I have to for the owner. Respect for the lost bunny. :cry: The last few weeks I haven't that much as I have my own turmoils. I find it hard and heartbreaking, but I know it can never even touch on how bad it is for the person that has lost their loved bunny.

I know I have replied about Charlie but not to your rainbow bridge, I find it hard sometimes. Sometimes I can't for a few days.

Yes I know you've posted on my other threads. The initial support I received before I posted my RB one was great and I'm so grateful I had that While i was away!

Thank you.
Hopefully this thread might prompt people to maybe leave a little message if they are passing through rainbow bridge ... Myself included! As it really does mean a lot to the owner of the beloved bunny.

:cry::cry: you don't sound mad at all!
So many emotions! Mine are slightly different, as our circumstances were different.i have tremendous guilt I wasn't there, did I miss any signs before I left, was he in pain for long before mum found him etc but the sadness and heartache is the same for all.
((hugs))

(and another thing I keep thinking is I have to go through this all again 3 more times at some point... Silly thought but it's one that whizzes round my brain and the thought of that is just horrendous! :cry:)

I feel like I should feel guilty, because I could've got him to the vets a bit earlier, but I don't. I guess because several things were going on I kind of felt it was his time. I just wish I'd taken a photo on the way to the vets like I was going to do but forgot.

It must be such a shock to loose him while you were away. I guess it delays and confuses the greiving process quite a lot.

I will always remember the night I spent in a snowstorm - just myself and charlie in the car - desperate to get him home in case he was cold, desperate to get him home in the worst driving conditions I have ever been in. We formed a bond and I could tell he was such a character. I think his earlier life had not been bad - just a bit neglected at the end but still a houserabbit not stuck in a hutch and ignored - His new life with Kath was all he could ever have wanted. A heaven for the years he spent with you and Mittens and Oreo and Sooty. So sad he had to leave but he touched many people and his memories live in.

I will always remember the night I spent in a snowstorm - just myself and charlie in the car - desperate to get him home in case he was cold, desperate to get him home in the worst driving conditions I have ever been in. We formed a bond and I could tell he was such a character. I think his earlier life had not been bad - just a bit neglected at the end but still a houserabbit not stuck in a hutch and ignored - His new life with Kath was all he could ever have wanted. A heaven for the years he spent with you and Mittens and Oreo and Sooty. So sad he had to leave but he touched many people and his memories live in.

Thank you so much, it means a lot, I'm so glad you posted that day to find him a new home. I knew as soon as I saw him he belonged with us. And what a journey to get here!

I don't ignore it, I only ever use 'whats new' so I see all the new posts since my last visit... I have to say tho, I cry just reading the titles, i find it really hard (i, apparently am very strange cos i get more upset about animals than humans sometimes!) to read about lost pets because I just couldn't cope.

I feel really sad for everyeones losses :(

Thank you so much, it means a lot, I'm so glad you posted that day to find him a new home. I knew as soon as I saw him he belonged with us. And what a journey to get here!

meant to post this on the main tribute to charlie - will copy it across now.:oops:

It depends on my own emotional state on whether i look in the RB, i struggle more so now i have many of my own in there,
Its a Place i only open IF i feel i can peek into the box of memories without breaking down.

Im sorry for your loss and maybe later i will pop by to see my own babies memorials, :cry:

I struggle badly with reading the stories in RB and in other threads when people are dealing with very poorly bunnies. I tend to access RU when I'm at work and on several occassions have had to dive into the loos to sort myself out!! :( It upsets me a lot and can bring me down, especially if I have a lot going on personally. But I can totally appreciate how desperately important the support is needed when you lose a beloved furry or have a very poorly bunster.

For me the posts are upsetting to read. I am an emotional blubber bag when it comes to bunnies dying as the thought of losing mine would be enough to reduce me to tears. I do try to respond to them because I know it is really hard for the person posting it.

I don't come on to RU in general as much any more (just cos of other things), but I do try to post in Rainbow Bridge when I do come in and offer my support to people who have lost bunnies. I always did before I lost Fay because I knew I would need the support one day, but since then I know just how much the support of other people meant to me at that horribly sad time. And also I really wanted for Fay not to just be forgotten, to not just be another bunny gone to the Bridge, if that makes sense. I wanted to know that other people had read about her on here and seen her pics and knew the kind of bunny she was. I know its silly and egotistical or whatever but I just wanted for her not to be forgotten, and I don't want any of my buns to be forgotten. :oops: All bunnies are special and deserve to be remembered and have their sad passing acknowledged, and words of comfort to their mum/dad/owner, so I try to comment on all the RB threads if I can, but I do miss some these days just from not being on as often.

There are also some bunnies that I know better than others just from the bunnies and RU members that were posting a lot on here when I joined and used to come on every day. Charlie was one of those bunnies and I feel like we have lost him too :cry:

I'll admit I don't go into RB at all. I just find it too upsetting. It makes me think of Blue and the pain I still feel over losing him. It's been 6 months to the day and I still haven't written him a tribute. It breaks my heart every time I think about him. I just feel so guilty that it was my fault.

I'm really sorry for not being more supportive :cry:

I'll admit I don't go into RB at all. I just find it too upsetting. It makes me think of Blue and the pain I still feel over losing him. It's been 6 months to the day and I still haven't written him a tribute. It breaks my heart every time I think about him. I just feel so guilty that it was my fault.

I'm really sorry for not being more supportive :cry:

:cry: what happened to blue? ((hugs)) xx

I have never written in Rainbow Bridge. I can't do it. :(

Blue was suddenly ill and the vets found a piece of tin foil in him. Very tragic. :(

I don't go there at all. I used to but I'd spend ages sitting at the computer crying so I don't go on any more. I only discovered this forum after I lost a special bunny and I was extremely emotional after that for a long time. I just couldn't handle being so upset all the time. :(

I can't bare the thought of knowing that one day i will have to.

Its selfish of me as those who already have deserve the support, but i just can't bring myself to read many. I try my hardest, write out a post, but it always sounds so cold and calculated, so i dont post it, n the occasions i have, i often want to just remove it but its too late and "i'm so sorry" just doesnt seem to cut it.

I can't bare the thought of knowing that one day i will have to.
Its selfish of me as those who already have deserve the support, but i just can't bring myself to read many. I try my hardest, write out a post, but it always sounds so cold and calculated, so i dont post it, n the occasions i have, i often want to just remove it but its too late and "i'm so sorry" just doesnt seem to cut it.

I was the same, and now I've had to. The 'I'm sorrys' really do help, though I felt exactly as you do less than a month ago!

Praying that 'one day' is a long way off for you yet ((hugs))

I find them too upsetting/depressing.

Whenever I try to offer kind words or encouragement on other threads where the pet is eventually lost I always end up in tears so try to stay away as best as I can really :(

It brings back the memories and upset about loosing my guinea pigs and rabbit before. It's just too much pain but I always feel so bad I can't offer more support to those who are grieving

Back