• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits' sleeping positions

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
From memory I think all the bunnies I've had have always slept on their side, head on the floor, legs out at right angles to their body. The sort of position that makes you sometimes wonder if they're still breathing or not.

Tui has never slept on her side. She always sleeps on her tummy, body very firmly pressed into the floor and usually back legs out straight behind her, ie sploofing and front legs stretched out in front. I think I've reported on her previously that what she does with her head sometimes is really odd. If she is deeply asleep, her head flops backwards so that it is almost resting on her back. I saw her like this yesterday with her head back and her mouth open. What I have never seen before is what she did next. She crossed her legs behind her while sploofing :)

Perhaps this is not that unusual, just that I've not seen it. Has anyone else seen a rabbit cross it's legs?

Lacey often sleeps in scary positions but shes perfectly fine.

34AKxME.jpg

Britney and Phillip sometimes sleep with their front paws crossed but never the back ones. It sounds absolutely adorable - I would love to see a photo :love:

Thinking more about it, she's probably more able to do it as her legs are so long, I'm not sure that it would be physically possible for Froe with his little stubby legs :lol:

Britney and Phillip sometimes sleep with their front paws crossed but never the back ones. It sounds absolutely adorable - I would love to see a photo :love:

Well I've only seen her do it the once, so not sure about the possibility of a photo, but I'll certainly pay more attention to her legs when she sleeps from now on.

Back