• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit sleeping patterns

Zarla

Alpha Buck
Are rabbits more or less nocturnal? Dusty sleeps soundly in the afternoon, often on her side with all four legs sticking out to the side (looks very sweet) but is always wide awake and running about, binkying, scrabbling etc between 7pm and 7am. She's two years old.

What are your bunnies' sleeping patterns like?

Are rabbits more or less nocturnal? Dusty sleeps soundly in the afternoon, often on her side with all four legs sticking out to the side (looks very sweet) but is always wide awake and running about, binkying, scrabbling etc between 7pm and 7am. She's two years old.

What are your bunnies' sleeping patterns like?

They are crespular - most active at dusk & dawn :love: My bunnies have generally fitted with this pattern. I find the evening activity more fun:lol:

To add my old bunny, Boo, sleeps lots, yet even she gets more active at these times, its just her active is v different from her partners active

I know they are crepuscular but Dusty is just as active during the night as she is at dusk and dawn! Last night about 2am I could hear her thundering around in her room even though it was pitch black in there.

I know they are crepuscular but Dusty is just as active during the night as she is at dusk and dawn! Last night about 2am I could hear her thundering around in her room even though it was pitch black in there.

ahhh, I see what you mean. Yeah I would say mine are more active at night compared to 11am-5pm when they mainly sleep

ahhh, I see what you mean. Yeah I would say mine are more active at night compared to 11am-5pm when they mainly sleep

I'm glad to hear your buns sleep in the afternoon too. I was worried about Dusty bashing around in the dark but her night vision is a bit better than mine so I guess she's okay.

Last edited:
Casper and Sophie aren't as active during the night as during dusk and dawn, but they are definitely more active at night than they are during the day. Between 9 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon they're asleep in their houses and I barely see them, and then they wake up and are more active at dusk. During the night they'll take naps, but I can often hear them doing stuff during the night, so they are active. They eat much more during the night than during the day, too!

Back