• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits not being cared for properly - advice please UPDATE

Oh no, sorry! It sounds like things will end up getting out of control if that's what she's like, can you remember the story of the woman near bradford who had absolutely loads in her garage? Some people just won't be told/helped.

I don't know if this helps but last year I had some baby rabbits come into rescue because a girl had reported her mother for keep breeding bunnies, they were all crossbreeds, anyway the RSPCA went in and got all the adults neutered and took the babies so you could ring and ask their advice.

I don't know if this helps but last year I had some baby rabbits come into rescue because a girl had reported her mother for keep breeding bunnies, they were all crossbreeds, anyway the RSPCA went in and got all the adults neutered and took the babies so you could ring and ask their advice.

Thanks for this, i think i might give them a call in the morning :wave:

yeah I would definitely call them - she is being cruel letting this female have another litter as one litter or the other will starve, and she has nowhere to put them - the babies are at risk from being killed by the male as she has nowhere to put him either, and all she can do is laugh :evil: she's deliberately causing suffering and I'm sure RSPCA will be willing to intervene if you nag them enough - poor bunnies :(

The RSPCA is prob your best route I guess. :(
The 2nd litter will probaby die as the first litter will be much stronger than them and they just wont be able to compete for milk :(
Our Rowan was taken from a situation where she had been bred, the Dad left in, and then had a 3rd litter before the dad was removed. :(
The 2nd litter died. The 1st litter were more the size of 6 weeks old at 12 weeks when we took them because the owners of them also didnt have enough money to give them sufficient food. :( Meanwhile Rowan the mumbun, her fur was falling out and she was massively underweight, her body was putting everything into making milk and sustaining the babies and was not looking after herself :(
Its such a sad situation. What on earth your colleague is thinking of leaving him in there I dont know :(
Good luck x

Female buns do sometimes mount each other - its a dominance thing. If the females were both intact (unspayed) their hormones could be causing this behaviour.

yes females do even speyed ones do it occasionally snowy is speyed but every now n then needs to hump dora into submission... but dora got fed up the other day and jjumped on snow and humped her so this wouldnt alarm me. food could well have been eaten up already i would be mostly concerned with bun with runny eyes mention it casually so like... oh what was the name of the bun with runny eyes has he/she seen anyone for that i know when..._______ my bun had that all it took was a few drops to clear it up and she/he was so much more comfortable.
cage size sounds small but if they are out in runs then i would worry less if they get ouot a lot however i think it sounds like they may well be kept in mostly which is sad and neglectful. i think water and hay should be provided 24/7 regardless of what they eaten already they should have hay and wataer topped up.

EDITED: since reading the update i do not know what to suggest. it is sad that she doesnt seem to care enough and i hope this is sorted soon.good luck

Back