• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Guinea Pigs together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought of a little guinea pig in with a big kicky legged belgian hare buck makes me cringe.

What's the betting BHB see's nothing wrong with breeding his dogs and cats either?! ..... ;)

Can you not read I said I do not keep one with my hare if your going to be b##chy plz read first

honestly like i said the unnneutered buck i had was previopusly paired with a guinea and he humped it to death. That was one bun. If you've had them for years and not had a problem then either your not paying attention to them or you dont know how to tell when a pig/bun are stressed. (i dont mean to cause affense im just stating my opinion)

Georgie, the rabbit wasnt lonely as at the time when the guinea-pig died she was living with 2 other rabbits, and all 3 of them got on really well

I sense that you don't really know much about either species of animal if you don't know that guineas are herd animals and rabbits hump regardless of sex. I hate to be quite so blunt but I'm really shocked that someone doing a course in animal care can be so misinformed.

Think your the mininformed one as I aint doing the course in animal care

and can I just say my females have NEVER tried humping one another, and like I said I had 3 living together at one point

Georgie, the rabbit wasnt lonely as at the time when the guinea-pig died she was living with 2 other rabbits, and all 3 of them got on really well

and can I just say my females have NEVER tried humping one another, and like I said I had 3 living together at one point

I realise you said there were three bunnies - I wondered if perhaps this one bun had been the 'odd one out'. Often with a trio there's one at the bottom of the pecking order and perhaps she'd latched onto the piggie as the other buns didn't really pay her any attention?!

I accept from what you're saying that this particular guinea pig/rabbit mix was probably not as bad as a lot of other bun/GP pairings as no one got hurt, they had sapce to hide from each other etc. But IMO, knowing there's a risk, I'm not sure why anyone would ever risk it. :wave:

i think this thread was started to cause an argument tbh. Everyone knows that this forum DOES NOT support keeping pigs and rabbits together. Why did the origanal poster even post this thread asking our advice if she was only going to disagree with everyone.

If the majority say DO NOT keep pigs and buns together then surely you would follow their advice. IF she has kept pigs and buns together for years then why post for advice on keeping them together? :?

I do not understand the logic o_O

oh no, you misunderstand me. I called you a liar.

Troll harder.;)

sorry I must have confused you with someone else.

Reported I will not have some one taking the p##s out of me as I can not spell very well that out of order I bet you have some thing wrong with you how would you like some one to take the p##s out of that

i think this thread was started to cause an argument tbh. Everyone knows that this forum DOES NOT support keeping pigs and rabbits together. Why did the origanal poster even post this thread asking our advice if she was only going to disagree with everyone.

If the majority say DO NOT keep pigs and buns together then surely you would follow their advice. IF she has kept pigs and buns together for years then why post for advice on keeping them together? :?

I do not understand the logic o_O

I don't think logic is something that all people are blessed with to be honest! It's like the threads asking for advice on buying new hutches etc. Someone'll normally say it's too small or whatever and then they'll get called a :censored: for offering the advice the OP asked for.

I'd like to give some people the benefit of the doubt and assume they're just trolling for a laugh... but occasionally I think it's just because some people are really stupid. :lol:

I realise you said there were three bunnies - I wondered if perhaps this one bun had been the 'odd one out'. Often with a trio there's one at the bottom of the pecking order and perhaps she'd latched onto the piggie as the other buns didn't really pay her any attention?!

I accept from what you're saying that this particular guinea pig/rabbit mix was probably not as bad as a lot of other bun/GP pairings as no one got hurt, they had sapce to hide from each other etc. But IMO, knowing there's a risk, I'm not sure why anyone would ever risk it. :wave:

Nope all 3 were equal, I have never had fights with rabbits, bonded as soon as I have put them together.

I do understand where everyone is coming from aswell about not keeping them togeher, and if I had ever seen any of them fighting or anyhting they would have been seperated and removed, and kept seperate but from all the ones I have had together I have never had that problem, I have never had a problem with any of my rabbit/rabbit groups or my rabbit/guinea-pig groups.

And like you say in your oppinion, so in my oppinion I think some people are to quick to judge, everyone on here cares for there rabbits, guineapigs etc or people wouldnt be here and no one would put them in any harm.

Like you lot have said I dont get the point of the original post as the person has buggered of after not liking what they have been told, I only wanted to share my view that for me rabbit and guinea-pig pairsings have always worked so in a big enough environment with plenty of thnigs to play and hide on i think they can.

Grow up your 24 not 14

lalalaican128569284103881136.jpg

;)

Unfortunately there will always be people that refuse to accept advice :roll:

Regrettably these are the same people that refuse all help and think they know best.

To be honest I don't give a damn about them but find it hard to sleep at night knowing about the thousands of poor poor furries that are subjected to cruelty through their ignorance :cry:

So we've all established that some guinea pig/rabbit pairings work fine because the rabbits seem to like the pigs and the pigs seem to like the rabbits.

Putting all that aside though, RABBITS CAN KILL GUINEA PIGS either through an accidental kick through playing or BORDATELLA! Why would you take that risk? It's a risk that no amount of "my rabbit would never kick" or "I've had them for years with no problems" will eliminate!!

Regrettably these are the same people that refuse all help and think they know best.
They're also the ones who think that they're good owners because they ask for advice. The fact they then ignore it in favour of their own opinions is irrelevant, they view simply asking for the advice as sufficient to demonstrate that they "really care".

:roll:

AMETHYST

Last edited:
Not my benefit no, when you see how close they are and how they interact with one another, you could tell they get on, I would never have dreamed of splitting these 2 up, as I know from after Buttons died how heartbroken Skippy was and she still had rabbit company, so you now tell me that they didnt have a bond, if they hadnt of cared about one anotehr then when he had died she wouldnt have given 2 monkeys and would be hoping about with the rabbits, but she wasnt.

Also on the space thing Hayley, mine had a shed so had plenty of space to split up if they wanted, plenty of different things like tunnels etc to go so they could seperate, but where would u find the guinea-pig wherever the rabbits were, so if he didnt like it he would have stayed away from them but he didnt.

I will add though, mine have always been female rabbits with the guinea-pigs so no risk of humping or anything, as that I can see where a problem could arise

I am actually not going to disagree that they probably had some sort of 'bond' - both species thrive on company so probably choose to be close to each other but that doesn't make it right. If you have ever had guinea pigs together, you will know how wonderful it is.

My piggies chat to each other constantly. Their chorus when it is dinner time is one of the most wonderful noises I have ever heard in my life.

I have also looked after a piggy who was kept alone, and had bunnies with piggies when I was a child (knew no better) and the piggies hardly made any noise. My piggies now are the noisiest things in the world! :love:

Seeing a little group of piggies together or a pair of bunnies all loved up makes me feel warm inside. There are far too many risks in my opinion to keep bunnies and piggies together - it is not worth the risk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back