• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits acting strange.

Hop.Skip.Jump

Warren Scout
I bought my two rabbits from a pet shop as the 2 local sanctuaries had none for quite a long time. We bought what we thought to believe 2 females although the woman never stated all of the rabbits were one sex. But recently Chanel has began to dig alot but cover in her hole entrances. She has also made a nest for herself inside, pulling hair out, collecting hay etc. So I know she is either having a phantom pregnancy or is actually pregnant by my other rabbit which should be a girl. Earlier I tried to check the gender but "Gucci" went to bite my hand while I offered her some carrot. I had also noticed many weeks back that Gucci was chasing Chanel but Chanel was running away as if she was frightened of her but they lie pretty happy together. They are also both booked for their regular myxi jag on Tuesday. Should I separate my rabbits and wait for the vet to determine the sex of Gucci, so I know it is prepositionally done? And do you think Chanel is just having phantom pregnancy?

Thank you :)

Everything you said was a possibility, & the biting could be hormonal. Personally, I would bring myxi jab forward & get them sexed tomorrow - then you don't need to separate just for the sake of it & can get 'em booked in for spay/neuter/emergency spay

Well this is a little bit hard as I'm 14, so i can't drive plus the heavy load of school also parents work shifts and it's difficult to try and fit things in. On Tuesday we are also taking our cat. Poor old boy needs a check over, he's 13.

Thank you for your time :)

Back