• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit spay

Hi Sarah, so pleased pippa is doing well. You adore her I can tell. I'm already worried for when it's Honeys time to be spayed. Not till about sept/Oct but trying to learn all I can. I'll be booking the next day off work to keep an eye on her

my Matilda was spayed on tuesday i found she LOVED hot water bottles i put 2 side by side, and coverd with a blanket, she didnt move for 2 days!! he loved her warm tum tum!

She's had water, mushed up pellets, metacam and is now with a snuggle safe.

She was walking around earlier like nothing was wrong. :love:

I feel much more relaxed about her now. :)

BunBun is getting Spayed

I really appreciate all the great information and advice you guys have given. This is my first bunny and I have her appointment for this Tuesday. I'm so scared, I can't sleep. Your help has made me feel better. I didn't know about the pain medication. Thank you so much!

I really appreciate all the great information and advice you guys have given. This is my first bunny and I have her appointment for this Tuesday. I'm so scared, I can't sleep. Your help has made me feel better. I didn't know about the pain medication. Thank you so much!

I hit the wrong button, sorry.

I had trouble getting medication for my bunny but i made an appointment with the vet when i picked her up and asked the vet who was happy to give us some to take home. It cost an extra fiver for 3 days worth.

Good luck to your bunny xxx

I was adament I was bringin pain relief home for her(its like my nephew had a op ast week and he can home with everything he coud for the pain, if he hadn't had that. Godknows what he'd of gone thru) an animal can tell u when there in pain so u jus have to go for it. For my 1st spay I dnt think its too bad I was sooo scared of losing her or doing something wrong! All any1 can do in this situation is relax(its hard) keep busy and make sure everythings ready! Get as much advice as possible(like I did with u lot) listen to what the vet says and ask questions. Maybe one day I can help people with my experiance. I can help with breeding questions(I'm a ex breeder). Got to say a huge thankyou to all of you on here for answering my questions and concerns. Its really helped me xx

:wave: this thread is very useful! i've got Miley booked in for a spay on Friay 15th, i'm so nervous for her!! i quizzed our vet with lots of questions, they seem extremely rabbit savvy. they're going to syringe feed her after the op to get her system moving, and included is a check up a few days later. the only thing i was slightly concerned about is they said they don't routinely give pain killers for people to take home after the op... should i protest that we definately want to take some even if it will cost us more? does this mean the vets aren't as rabbit savvy as i thought? the op is costing us £79, does this sound right for a decent op? they are the best vets in town in my opinion, the vets i've spoken to when taking her for jabs really give her a good check over, claw clipping, dental and everything! the other vet practice i've taken her too just don't seem bothered.. give her the jab and off we go :? but the pain killer thing has worried me slightly.. what do you think? :roll::?

:wave: this thread is very useful! i've got Miley booked in for a spay on Friay 15th, i'm so nervous for her!! i quizzed our vet with lots of questions, they seem extremely rabbit savvy. they're going to syringe feed her after the op to get her system moving, and included is a check up a few days later. the only thing i was slightly concerned about is they said they don't routinely give pain killers for people to take home after the op... should i protest that we definately want to take some even if it will cost us more? does this mean the vets aren't as rabbit savvy as i thought? the op is costing us £79, does this sound right for a decent op? they are the best vets in town in my opinion, the vets i've spoken to when taking her for jabs really give her a good check over, claw clipping, dental and everything! the other vet practice i've taken her too just don't seem bothered.. give her the jab and off we go :? but the pain killer thing has worried me slightly.. what do you think? :roll::?

Mine were the same over painkillers but i remained firm that i would rather some. I paid £82 including painkillers. (i would have been £77 without). If everything else about them is good then that's fab. I'm happy to stay with my vets even though they were difficult over the painkiller.

One thing i would advise you check out beforehand though is their emergency vets service procedure and whether they are open on a Saturday seeing as she is having her op on a Friday. :)

i wouldnt leave without them to be honest, a bunny cnt tell u when there in paid and its not fair so i would honestly ask for it. my spay was £59 and a extra £14 on pain relief i asked god knows how many questions to the vets before hand. they have been extremely good woth her the vet nurse adores her and never seen a rabbit with blue eye the vet who did her was very savvy and used to small animals so i was pleased with them. they explained everything to me. xx

i wouldnt leave without them to be honest, a bunny cnt tell u when there in pain and its not fair so i would honestly ask for it. my spay was £59 and a extra £14 on pain relief i asked god knows how many questions to the vets before hand. they have been extremely good woth her the vet nurse adores her and never seen a rabbit with blue eye the vet who did her was very savvy and used to small animals so i was pleased with them. they explained everything to me. xx

this totally ^

to be honest any vet that does not send you home with pain killers is not doing their job properly > definitely ask for them hun xxxx

thanks for the advice everyone :love: i will definately be putting my foot down and make sure we leave with some pain killers! :D

Grin - One thing i would advise you check out beforehand though is their emergency vets service procedure and whether they are open on a Saturday seeing as she is having her op on a Friday.

I know that they are open 8.30 till 1pm on saturdays and are open for emergencies on sundays so we should be fine, but i haden't even thought about it though to be honest so thanks for mentioning :oops::D

thanks for the advice everyone :love: i will definately be putting my foot down and make sure we leave with some pain killers! :D

I know that they are open 8.30 till 1pm on saturdays and are open for emergencies on sundays so we should be fine, but i haden't even thought about it though to be honest so thanks for mentioning :oops::D

Sounds like you will be ok with the vets then. :)

Back