• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit spay

Take a packed lunch for her after her op.
Mine didn't eat on the night they came home but I tempted them with dandelions the morning after. Veg worked to get them eating.. Grated carrot etc. I also made a pellet mash which helped.

Vets told me to send food with her and treats! will try anything as long as shes okay and eats. got some carrots,apples, bananas and brocoli(broc n bananas r her faves) lots of different treats, plent of dandilions and parsley in garden. loads of hay and pellets.

Vets told me to send food with her and treats! will try anything as long as shes okay and eats. got some carrots,apples, bananas and brocoli(broc n bananas r her faves) lots of different treats, plent of dandilions and parsley in garden. loads of hay and pellets.

Pippa has now gone into the vets got to ring at 2 for update and pick her up at 3.20. She wasn't amused at all. Cnt wait till I get her home! X

All the best. It's a worry I know, but you're doing the best thing for her.

Like everyone else has prob said - keep her warm and quiet, painkillers (Lola had to go back to the vet the next day for extra), try and get her eating and drinking asap. Any doubts - ask the vet. I'm sure she'll be fine.

Best of luck. It's quite a major op for the girls so she will be very quiet when she gets home. It's been very warm here but Bubbles still appreciated the extra warmth of a heatpad after her dental yesterday, so if you have a snugglesafe, you could pop that in the cage.

Try to tempt her with various foods - herbs, dandelions, grass, plantain, grated veg (anything she is used to eating already though so it doesn't upset her tummy). She may not want to eat much tonight but if she still isn't nibbling anything by the morning, then I would call the vet in the morning as she may need more pain relief.

Syringe feeding can be quite stressful in itself, so I wouldn't personally jump in with that too soon.

Thankyou guys ur fab :) iv set up her cage indoors, and got various diff foods for her so something must tempt her! She is comin home with pain relief. Its quite warm at my house anyway so should be too bad for her bless her. X

Quick update - vets rang and she has a abnormal ovary, the vessels in it are too close together, if they remove it its a risk of losin her too as she could bleed to death, although there's no chance of her gettin pregnant but if she has behavioural problems they more than likely won't change(good job she hasn't) although everything else seems fine. They are suprised she had a litter. They have done everything else and leaving her left ovary in! Rang to ask my opinion and I'm scared enough with the anaestetic so told them to leave it cnt risk losing her! Hope iv made the right choice! Xx

She is home and havina nap, had a hop round the cage and eaten a dandilion leave a few pellets and a bit of grated carrot, the ovary was that abnormal. It was joined to her intestine(she drew a diagram lol). Got her pain relief etc. Ooo and another thing(bet ur sick of my questions lol) she is laid in her litter tray it has newspaper in it, jus wondering if this would irritate her?

She is home and havina nap, had a hop round the cage and eaten a dandilion leave a few pellets and a bit of grated carrot, the ovary was that abnormal. It was joined to her intestine(she drew a diagram lol). Got her pain relief etc. Ooo and another thing(bet ur sick of my questions lol) she is laid in her litter tray it has newspaper in it, jus wondering if this would irritate her?

shouldn't do it should be fine ^^ if it did irritate her she wouldn't lay in it

Did you ask your vet what the risks of her getting cancer still are since an ovary is still there?

Yeh there's a little chance but not much, she's stopped the blood circulation to it but cnt remove it fully, she said there's still a small chance it could happen but very unlikely. She's feeling okay today was up all night wreckin her hutch lol xx

Aw the poor little thing!! I hope she's ok?

I dropped Tinks off this morning and forgot to ask about pain relief. I rang later to ask about it and the receptionist said they will not give me metacam for her to come home with. :shock:

Aw the poor little thing!! I hope she's ok?

I dropped Tinks off this morning and forgot to ask about pain relief. I rang later to ask about it and the receptionist said they will not give me metacam for her to come home with. :shock:

Omg the poor bunny! They send me with a 10ml bottle of metacam, did cost like 14pound. She's doin quote well actually. She's eatin bits which is gud! Xx

Omg the poor bunny! They send me with a 10ml bottle of metacam, did cost like 14pound. She's doin quote well actually. She's eatin bits which is gud! Xx

I asked to speak to the vet and they've given me 3 days worth of painkillers and booked me in for a post op check on Monday to see if she needs more. :D

She seems fine now.

How is Pippa doing? x

awww im soo glad they have done that, bless poor tinks. pippa is doin okay still munchin and wreckin her cage lol. she growled at me today for moving her food bowl lol!! this is the 1st iv had spayed but so far i think we doing things right and she loves takin her medication lol nearly took syring off me today cos she run out!! fingers crossed for a smooth recovery for tinks xx

awww im soo glad they have done that, bless poor tinks. pippa is doin okay still munchin and wreckin her cage lol. she growled at me today for moving her food bowl lol!! this is the 1st iv had spayed but so far i think we doing things right and she loves takin her medication lol nearly took syring off me today cos she run out!! fingers crossed for a smooth recovery for tinks xx

Awww - sounds like it's going well for Pippa!! :D

I am worried about Tinks - it's the first spay i've been through too. :oops: I am sure she will be fine though. x

Back