• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit shelter for resting in

Hattie

New Kit
Hi,

We've got our (mostly free-range) house rabbit living in a very large dog crate and he has been using an upside down cardboard box with a door cut in the front and back (hope that makes sense!) but he's started chewing it a bit so we're looking to replace it with something a bit sturdier. I've done some looking around online but nothing seems quite right, it needs to be big enough that he can flop on his side with his legs streched out as it's where he likes to sleep during the day :)

Just wondered if anyone has seen anything like this or knows of anywhere that might do one.

Thanks for any help!!

Hattie

How about a hard dog bed, you can either have it right way up or turn it upside down so he can hide underneath using the dip as a doorway or spread out on top? I've used this before and it's funny to watch them squeeze underneath and sometimes move it about carrying it like a tortoise shell :)

You could use a cat carrier without the door on. It can be a bed to sleep in and a platform to jump on.

I use plastic cat snugs / kennels (from ebay) in some of mine. There is plenty of room in them, but the roof is curved so they can't rest on top of it.

I just got my two this.... http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_beds_baskets/cat_house/131059

It fits the two of them in :)

ETA: If you click on customer photos you can see how large it is with the cats in :)

That's the one think I absolutely love about Zooplus, the customer photos! Even though I've never bought anything from there I always go on there and have a look as you can tell how big it is, how good it looks etc not just the standard photo :thumb:

Hi,

We've got our (mostly free-range) house rabbit living in a very large dog crate and he has been using an upside down cardboard box with a door cut in the front and back (hope that makes sense!) but he's started chewing it a bit so we're looking to replace it with something a bit sturdier. I've done some looking around online but nothing seems quite right, it needs to be big enough that he can flop on his side with his legs streched out as it's where he likes to sleep during the day :)

Just wondered if anyone has seen anything like this or knows of anywhere that might do one.

Thanks for any help!!

Hattie

The cardboard box thing is exactly what Olly and Honey have had for the past year, but recently they started eating it too... So we made something exactly the same but out of plywood, and they love it! I put carpet tiles on top and they love sitting on top of it now aswell :wave:

Thanks for all your help :) I'd really love to get him one of the ones made by the person on here that look like a little castle, think I'd better get saving!!

Hattie x

Back