• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Residence Rescue

Did those waiting for responses get them over the weekend?

Not yet! I texted Caroline though and she contacted Amy, asking her to look out for my emails! I've resent my form and photos...I completely understand how busy everyone is but I'm on tenterhooks plus my Poppy is lonely! How long does the adoption process usually take? (not asking in a funny way - genuinely interested - it's difficult to get the right tone!!!) :)

Scrap that! I've had a reply and sadly the bunny that we were hoping for is unwell so not up for adoption at the moment :(

We were hoping for Glen - we would like an older bun (8+) ideally. The person who replied didn't suggest any others for us.x

Glen and Astin are the oldest boys at the moment. If Poppy wouldn't mind younger, the rescue will take back if you don't want to get stuck in the perpetual widowed bunny cycle though?

Thank you for the offer! It's quite hard work though and involves a lot of diplomacy, knowing the rabbits we have on site and coordinating with Caroline. There's a lot of convincing when it comes to adoptees with inadequate housing, it takes gentle cajoling, sometimes taking weeks, to convince them upgrades are needed. And all the emails with people trying to offload animals. I don't do it, but do look after private messages on their FB, and that is tricky and delicate enough haha!

Did manage to talk someone out of getting rid of a bun they had for 2 years because it bit their 3 year old daughter, they're going to work on the situation instead of rehoming. Bunny only bit because child tried to pick up the bunny. After explaining rabbit behaviour, hopefully that's one less bunny to end up in rescue :)

so if you think I can help, let me know, I work mostly on my PC, so I can multi-task, I use a 40" 4K screen, I can display 3 different software on the same screen

Yes there's more than on the website :) had a few new intakes who are awaiting neutering too.

Oh so excited to visit them all - my housemates are insisting on coming too so they can awww over them! Got all the forms now so hopefully Flo will have a Husbun in the not too distant future :thumb:

Oh so excited to visit them all - my housemates are insisting on coming too so they can awww over them! Got all the forms now so hopefully Flo will have a Husbun in the not too distant future :thumb:

Good luck Flo :thumb:

We were hoping for Glen - we would like an older bun (8+) ideally. The person who replied didn't suggest any others for us.x

Another older boy, Ronnie, is now healthy and ready for a new home and a wife. Was widowed earlier in the year.

Where can I find details of Ronnie? I've looked on here and on the RRR website!

He's not on the websites at the moment as he wasn't well but has now been given the thumbs up. Caroline was talking about having a bond in mind for him though.

Back