• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit rebonding update..just checking I'm doing it right?!

Me again! One minute I'm positive the next minute I'm not. So I think the problem is that Amelie wont let Hector mount her - she's completely fine until he tries and he always tries! As she's completely fine when he grooms her and she often goes over to him to get groomed (and she sometimes grooms him back). I think if she wasn't so scared about the mounting I think they would be fine but she goes mad and runs away :( can I do anything about this?! Tomorrow I have to go out and I don't want to leave them alone but I'm worried if I separate them we'll be back to square one or they will just never bond :?:cry:

I've seperated them back to before in their old bunny room and now Amelie is digging like a mad bunny and Hector doesn't know what's going on and I think we're all just as confused as each other :?

I think you've done the right thing if you're not confident about leaving them. The positive sign is they haven't had an all-out fight, so there is still hope. Most neutered does wouldn't want to be mounted so that isn't unusual. Perhaps they would feel more relaxed with each other if you gave them a little bit more space.

Yeah I'm going to wait a week or so and then try again in a bigger space, is it okay if the buns are back in their old bunny room for the moment? They both have a cage and then I swap them all the time for a run about - they're both being pretty territorial when they come out for a run around which I expected, I just don't want that to make it worse?! I can't completely separate them as my flat doesn't have enough rooms for that - especially as I need one room to be completely neutral for bonding time. I might have a ring around the animal homes and see if they could take them and bond them for me - but I'm not sure if they do it in Germany! I'm sad it didn't work out but I hope they will bond at some point. Thanks you guys for all your help :love: I'll keep you updated in a week or two!

Back