• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit plays dead!

oscar1658

Young Bun
First qquestion, does anyone have this issue..twiglet although castrasted keeps humping my female rabbit! shes spayed and she just sits there ignoring him, does anyone else get this? and the playing dead thing, i was warned by the shelter i got him from that he plays dead randomly...they had him checked out but found nothing, the other day i was cleaning the hutch and i glanced to check them, they were both at the opposite side of the garden and he rolled onto his side and twitched his feet twice..then rolled back over, twinkle (the female) just again ignored him, as anyone else seen this? :shock:

Hmmm the DBF "dead bunny flop" it means happy bunny relaxed bunny search DBF in photos and you should find a few, here is one of my Stu

After an afternoon free range

:love::love:

My Rabbit does this constantly it freaks me out but if you look carefully enough you can see them breathing. It is just they are completely relaxed show generally a good sign :D

It's a good thing yet it does creep me out. Moses did it the other day and I kept staring at him thinking: breathe!!

IMAG2409_zps0c549df8.jpg

Ohh how weird! Its freaky, isnt it? I cant imagine id get used to it but glad it means hes a relaxed bun! The rescue thought sosomething was really wrong with him and took him.to the vet as he does it quite a lot, very weird :D

Ohh how weird! Its freaky, isnt it? I cant imagine id get used to it but glad it means hes a relaxed bun! The rescue thought sosomething was really wrong with him and took him.to the vet as he does it quite a lot, very weird :D

I was fortunate watched stu do his but I think I would freak icing had not seen him in action :lol::love:

Snowflake did exactly that the other day and i thought he was ill. gave me a right old scare. so glad it means a happy wabbit :love:

Fine

Mine does it after he's been running around a lot to have a rest, or if he's just had enough of prancing around. Sometimes he rubs himself around on the floor as well.

My Rascal loves a good DBF and Dizzi likes to do it in style ...... she stands up and then flings herself onto her side in such a dramatic fashion I expect her to stand up aferwards to take a bow!! :lol:

My Rascal loves a good DBF and Dizzi likes to do it in style ...... she stands up and then flings herself onto her side in such a dramatic fashion I expect her to stand up aferwards to take a bow!! :lol:

That's hilarious!! :lol:

One of my is expert at the DBF too. Wish I could chill like that!

Since mine has become a house bun he does it about 10 times a day. It will be scary if you don't know what it is but it just means one very very happy chilled bunny!

I had my first DBF yesterday, Harry just threw himself onto his side and floomfed, I panicked, was just about to nudge him to see if he was ok when he opened one eye, winked at me, hopped up and flounced off....cheeky lil mr!

Does your rabbits just lay flat on their sides?

Rex flops like in the pictures and then rocks to try and lay on his back, but he has only managed this once, all the other times he scares himself when he rolls all the way over.

I'm surprised that the rescue didn't realize what it was?! :? It's pretty common and has been said just means you've got a relaxed and happy bun :D

Does your rabbits just lay flat on their sides?

Rex flops like in the pictures and then rocks to try and lay on his back, but he has only managed this once, all the other times he scares himself when he rolls all the way over.

My Timmy tries to flop all the way onto his back too, and usually ends up rolling all the way over and scaring himself :lol:

dash does the DBF all the time if he did not do it we would no something was wrong, but when beauty does a DBF you can hear it up stairs it sound like something has been dropped.
beauty trick is the bunny roll all the way round.

les

Dead bunny flops are brilliant! :thumb: The worst part is when they dream and are in a really deep sleep. :shock: The amount of times I've thought one of mine was having a fit and they have been very offended at being woken up. :lol:

Humping isn't a worry. Humping is a sign of dominance, it's not always sexual. :) Do you have other animals or rabbits? Sometimes humping can get worse when they can smell other animals/bunnies in the house.

Back