• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit organisation and storage

Zigzag

Alpha Buck
I’m interested in how people organise their rabbit stuff, hay, and forage etc. We’ve moved into a new place, and unfortunately don’t have a storage cupboard for the hay. So we will now need to store it in some type of caddy/ bin that will be on display.

If anyone’s happy to share photos, that would be great. I noticed Reader of Books has lots of great ideas, from the other thread.

Our bunnies are in the front room, so I’d love to keep it tidy. For once:love:

Thanks x

I always take the hay for 1 month, because I have no place to hide. I buy new hay every month. I usually put it behind the door in the kitchen so the hay doesn't show much.

When I moved in here, the person who lived here before left me a wardrobe in the storage room, and I've been using half of it to store hay and forage:

1Vr5wVKh.jpeg

Could that work for you? I'm almost out of hay, but normally I keep a small bale on the bottom shelf, as it's deep enough to fit quite a lot of hay. When the doors are closed it looks quite tidy.

In Sophie and Casper's room I keep their food and a box of mixed forage and other things in this chest:

GPVQpYNh.jpeg

I like it because it keeps everything out of sight, but shelves would probably be more practical as I sometimes have to take everything out of the chest to reach something on the bottom.

Those pull-out cube type things seem like a sensible option, the fabric cubes at our friends' are light but sturdy. You could probably divide a whole bale over 6ish cubes of their one (which I can't find a picture of online)

I need help with this ...again :lol: I have a bunny cupboard & its still all over the place. I'm off to take photos which might shame me to action

Thanks for this guys, and thank you reader of books (great name), for sharing your photos. I hope you didn’t mind me singling you out there!

I’m too embarrassed to share photos, because the living room literally looks like a tip. I really like your chest reader of books.

The fabric pull out things are an option, however I’m not that keen on dividing the hay into different compartments. I’m thinking of getting a nice looking ottoman or chest….

Thanks for this guys, and thank you reader of books (great name), for sharing your photos. I hope you didn’t mind me singling you out there!

I’m too embarrassed to share photos, because the living room literally looks like a tip. I really like your chest reader of books.

The fabric pull out things are an option, however I’m not that keen on dividing the hay into different compartments. I’m thinking of getting a nice looking ottoman or chest….
What about a small sideboard, that you just put hay in? [emoji38] We have one in the living room atm I don't used it for hay, but if I took the shelf out I could stuff a bag in I reckon if it wasn't full of junk [emoji38] then you get a surface on top too to put a lamp on etc and it wouldn't look like anything but a piece of furniture? That or an ottoman I think is your best bet!

Oo you can get ottomans with a cushion on top as a seat too!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Oh, no, I didn't mind! :) I think an ottoman or chest would work well, and an ottoman that could be used as a seat, like Graciee mentioned, could make it nice and multifunctional!

When I had the bunnies I used a trunk for large bags of things like wood pellet cat litter etc, and ikea type cube shelving for smaller stuff. I had to fasten a puppy pen panel across it when they started helping themselves though :lol: I store hay bales in a plastic shed outside and I used to bring in so much at a time in a bag for the bunnies.

Oo you can get ottomans with a cushion on top as a seat too!
In my household, anything with a cushioned top is an ottoman, anything without is a chest! :lol: Does make me realise what I can use my inevitable inheritance ottomans for though :thumb:

Back