• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

rabbit just gave birth to dead baby now dont know what to do plz help

Good luck for Wednesday. I have one of mine going in tomorrow (well, I say mine, but really a foster), so feel the anxiety you feel. Hopefully Mario will be fine and it will go smoothly. I've written an article about before, during and after a spay/neuter, would you like me to PM it to you?

You're doing a great job for them both :)

aww yes please im greatful for all the advice i can get x

I am so so glad your little bunny is ok :D Good luck for Mario on Wednesday, I'm sure he'll be fine x

Yes it will help definately for me. Just out of interest my vets is Alver Veterinary Group - would you class them as 'savvy for rabbits'?

I did ask them if they were experienced in rabbit care and they said they do see lots of them and I think the nurses in there are really good, I have no complaints but, just wondered if using your contacts there was any feedback etc that I should be aware of. I would also want to meet the surgeon anyway and know how many ops he/she has performed I think. I don't think this is unreasonable is it?

sky-o excellent thanks just read it ALL lol gud idea on the bowl too
just a few things:with princess in the house and mario having this op do you think i should bring there double hutch in the house and keep them both init?ill put the door down on the stairs with mario on the top and princess on the bottom
what do you think?
also fireworks are going off now and dont want to stress him out :evil:

sky-o excellent thanks just read it ALL lol gud idea on the bowl too
just a few things:with princess in the house and mario having this op do you think i should bring there double hutch in the house and keep them both init?ill put the door down on the stairs with mario on the top and princess on the bottom
what do you think?
also fireworks are going off now and dont want to stress him out :evil:

If you bring them both inside then you are probably facing keeping them both in the hutch, inside, over winter because they may adjust quickly to being indoors and struggle outside again. Is it feasible for them to stay inside over winter?

For my boy, unless there are complications he will be in overnight the first night, out in the daytime with a snugglesafe, and in that night and then hopefully out for good, also with a snugglesafe for a couple of days. A fast transition like that may not be possible for Mario if you bring the whole thing in.

It is definitely worthwhile bearing in mind the fireworks and stuff.

I bet having them inside would be wonderful for them and you. I know my inside buns love it and so do the rest of my family.

aww i dont know what to do :?
i want them both inside to get better and away from fireworks
we were going to put them in the garage over the winter mths but i feel like im packing them away:shock:

but both rabbits love being outside,they have the garden all day and go back into their hutch themselfs at night

im working tomorrow but ill get a blanket from pets@home

do u think i should put princess outside?
bring both in?
or
leave princess indoors and mario outside?

poor mario:p

aww i dont know what to do :?
i want them both inside to get better and away from fireworks
we were going to put them in the garage over the winter mths but i feel like im packing them away:shock:

but both rabbits love being outside,they have the garden all day and go back into their hutch themselfs at night

im working tomorrow but ill get a blanket from pets@home

do u think i should put princess outside?
bring both in?
or
leave princess indoors and mario outside?

poor mario:p

I think Mario definitely needs to be inside for at least one night, but possibly two (maybe even more depending on the situation), to ensure he is back to full fitness. If Princess is acting fine and seems fine then she might be ok outside because that is what she is used to. It's all very complicated with rabbits isn't it.

What do you think would work best for you guys?

I don't think putting them in the garage would be packing them away. They can only go in there if its not ever used for cars (or anything else fumey), but you could probably set it up really nicely to make it a really positive thing for them.

I would bring Mario inside for a few days, General anesthetic affects a rabbits ability to control their own body temp, so he needs to be kept somewhere warm. Preferably away from Princess, so he doesn't over excite himself, if you see what I mean. Could you put one in the bathroom and the other downstairs. After 2-3 days put Mario back outside.

ok i think i have a plan lol
going to gave their hutch a deep clean and put princess in there with a snugglesafe=she needs to be outside
and bring mario indoors till his new hutch arrives(should be friday)when he can have his new house-this way they both have time indoors to heal but im not taking them from there homes

gud its hard having a rabbit :D

also with having 3 kids cant really have rabbits running away the house someone will get hurt
and mario needs peace and no noise
well he'll get peace not 100% sure on noise ;)

Back