• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit - is she at PHAdoption in West Yorkshire?? UD Post 90

Thank you everybody :love::love::love:

:love::love::love: Awww, Alison, she is gorgeous and Eloise is such a pretty name.

It's one of the names Elijah nearly got before I named him Lois :lol::lol::lol: Let's hope Auntie Frances doesn't find anything untoward when she examines this bunny ;) Oh, I forgot though - she will have been sexed at P@H, so we will be alright there ......

Aaaah, Elijah!! I remember you'd considered the name before but couldn't remember who for. ;):lol: She looks like she has a bit of a dewlap so hopefully there'll be no surprises at the vet! :shock::lol:

Aaaah, Elijah!! I remember you'd considered the name before but couldn't remember who for. ;):lol: She looks like she has a bit of a dewlap so hopefully there'll be no surprises at the vet! :shock::lol:

:oops::oops:

Yes, you're right - she does have quite a dewlap, I had considered that. Funny, on Scrabble I always thought the dewlap looked cute but on a lot of bunnies including Eloise I just think it looks funny. She's only supposed to be 10 months old, I always had it in my head that dewlaps were for more mature girls, but I'm probably talking out of my rear end.. as usual :oops::oops:

:oops::oops:

Yes, you're right - she does have quite a dewlap, I had considered that. Funny, on Scrabble I always thought the dewlap looked cute but on a lot of bunnies including Eloise I just think it looks funny. She's only supposed to be 10 months old, I always had it in my head that dewlaps were for more mature girls, but I'm probably talking out of my rear end.. as usual :oops::oops:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure myself actually. :oops: Bubbles has a very small dewlap but she was probably about 2 before it got big enough to notice. She was spayed quite young though, so I think that makes a difference as well.

aww she's adorable!! :love: Lovely name too! :D Did her previous owner ever reply to you about which pets at home she was in, it is the right bunny isn't it? :lol: :love:

No, she didn't get back to me.
I'm 100% convinced it's the same rabbit as some of the details on the adoption/surrender information form matched the details on Rabbit Rehome - such as she likes being brushed, she has never bitten anyone. I will be honest though, if'd I'd just walked into the shop looking for a rabbit I probably would have picked the one next to her rather than her :oops::oops:

I think she was rung up from the Chester branch when Suzibunbun enquired ? but I don't know where they got her phone number from.

...if'd I'd just walked into the shop looking for a rabbit I probably would have picked the one next to her rather than her :oops: :oops:
Then so might other prospective owners which means it's a good thing you got Eloise. :thumb:

Who looks a really sweet little soul... :love:

:love::love::love::love:
Thanks everyone.

She's lovely :love:

If she isn't spayed that may account for her large dew lap :D

Thanks. I still had it in my head that very young does didn't have dewlaps, I suppose like all things it varies. It was one of the bits of evidence that we used with Erin, whose previous owner has said she had her spayed - there were several factors that added up to that being true, including the lack of dewlap. I didn't put her through a spay on the off-chance (vet's advice) as everything does add up to it being true.

I've assumed Eloise isn't spayed because no one has said otherwise. She and Boris are seeing Auntie Frances on Tuesday, Boris will be having the snip as soon as possible, which is good because his hutch stinks (he should be the one called 'Stinky'):? I'll be letting Eloise settle for a couple of weeks before being spayed.

No, she didn't get back to me.
I'm 100% convinced it's the same rabbit as some of the details on the adoption/surrender information form matched the details on Rabbit Rehome - such as she likes being brushed, she has never bitten anyone. I will be honest though, if'd I'd just walked into the shop looking for a rabbit I probably would have picked the one next to her rather than her :oops::oops:

I think she was rung up from the Chester branch when Suzibunbun enquired ? but I don't know where they got her phone number from.

Hiya! I printed off the original rehoming sheet with picture on and took it in to Chester P@H - they phoned the woman and then phoned halifax.

:love::love::love::love:
Thanks everyone.

Thanks. I still had it in my head that very young does didn't have dewlaps, I suppose like all things it varies. It was one of the bits of evidence that we used with Erin, whose previous owner has said she had her spayed - there were several factors that added up to that being true, including the lack of dewlap. I didn't put her through a spay on the off-chance (vet's advice) as everything does add up to it being true.

I've assumed Eloise isn't spayed because no one has said otherwise. She and Boris are seeing Auntie Frances on Tuesday, Boris will be having the snip as soon as possible, which is good because his hutch stinks (he should be the one called 'Stinky'):? I'll be letting Eloise settle for a couple of weeks before being spayed.

I think the fact that her previous owner also mentioned her 'grunting and lunging' may be another indicator as to her not being spayed.

I think the fact that her previous owner also mentioned her 'grunting and lunging' may be another indicator as to her not being spayed.

All she's done with me is dash over to me and shove her head under my hand and close her eyes :love::love: I've seen absolutely no sign of 'hormonal doe syndrome' with her. I've even reached over her and round her and seen no sign of her being territorial, she just doesn't want you to go. I'm 100% she won't have been spayed and will be doing it for health/bonding etc.

Funny thing is, I chose both her and Erin on the basis that their temperaments were described as a bit unsociable and I 'only' wanted them as companions to single males, wasn't looking for a cuddly bunny for me, so thought I'd give the 'less sociable ones' a chance and you couldn't find nicer bunnies than either of them :roll::love::love:

Back