• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Rabbit IBS"

Sorry to bother everyone again... I have just noticed Ralph "straining" to poo and I wondered if that was bad?

I went out to their hutch and opened the door, and he leapt out (from the second floor) into the shed, out of the door and onto the grass. I then went out and picked him up and his (I suppose it's his groin?) groin was pushing out like a wasp trying to sting and I could tell it was some sort of straining thing?

My bun Snowdrop has Megacolon which is similar to human IBS. She has bouts of diahorrea last a day or two at a time and never produces normal poos. They are the size and shape of mini eggs. She has bloat often and pushes her tummy to the floor. She also goes into stasis every few months.

I manage her condition with infacol and metacam for bloat, biolapis and maxolone for the diahorrea.

I have found that her condition has improved since moving outside. I havent had to treat her for bloat for 3 weeks now which is a record.

This thread is really old. I'd suggest you start a new thread if looking for help on your rabbit.

Back