• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Found in Cambridge

He was a good kid - European & living with his mum still, seemed very conscientious so that was nice.

It's an Ellie-Bo pen from Amazon, I bought the 1M high one initially because of my Conti's then added 2 additional panels later for max space. It makes a great emergency / bonding pen but even all taken apart does take up a butt load of space.

a314bb7c5edac108d2e25812c5377845.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really appreciate you replying, thank you. I've been looking at similar ones, but wasn't sure which were any good. We are in a bit of a situation because Sydney usually lives outside in a shed with two others but the vet wants him inside to recover. As we already have a rabbit in my daughters room, the only space we have left is our bedroom x

No problem, sorry to hear about the head tilt. I have seen others & the Ellie-Bo does seem very robust compared to a lot.

He was a good kid - European & living with his mum still, seemed very conscientious so that was nice.

It's an Ellie-Bo pen from Amazon, I bought the 1M high one initially because of my Conti's then added 2 additional panels later for max space. It makes a great emergency / bonding pen but even all taken apart does take up a butt load of space.

a314bb7c5edac108d2e25812c5377845.jpg

Did he say how the rabbit had come to escape?

He didn't know, he just found it & I know the name on the chip was English not European so for sure he did find it.

Did they managed to get hold of the owners? (Sorry if its posted above.. I did read but my memory isn't working today).

Its a shame Daphne is so territorial. I'd have him in a heart beat but I can't risk my girls bond breaking. (I'm like 20mins away from Cambridge center)

Not yet, I will give the benefit of the doubt until the end of the week then he's up for adoption. He's a super floppy bun lol.

Well done for stepping in, we have no space at the rescue but did give a list of other rescues for the person who found the rabbit to contact :( hopefully the bunny will find a new home soon

I really appreciate you replying, thank you. I've been looking at similar ones, but wasn't sure which were any good. We are in a bit of a situation because Sydney usually lives outside in a shed with two others but the vet wants him inside to recover. As we already have a rabbit in my daughters room, the only space we have left is our bedroom x

We use these for our pens. Apart from Joey being able to scale 4 foot high fences :shock: - they've worked really well. They are very sturdy and solid - not flimsy at all.

He looks lovely, hope the owners do want him back and haven't got fed up with him already. If they don't, would pah take him back as he came from their adoption centre?

So the owner got in contact with the vets & I dropped him home yesterday. He had done a runner while they were being cleaned out. Quite a reasonable PAH hutch (double height, at a guess 6x2)) but I gave them some tips on how they could improve the setup without spending a great deal of money. Also pointed them toward the RWAF for more tips.

So the owner got in contact with the vets & I dropped him home yesterday. He had done a runner while they were being cleaned out. Quite a reasonable PAH hutch (double height, at a guess 6x2)) but I gave them some tips on how they could improve the setup without spending a great deal of money. Also pointed them toward the RWAF for more tips.

Well done you! Hope he gets a lovely friend at some point :D

They were very grateful :) he does have a friend which is great, the friend is apparently not quite as adventurous! I think I've earned some rabbit karma for the foreseeable future [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They were very grateful :) he does have a friend which is great, the friend is apparently not quite as adventurous! I think I've earned some rabbit karma for the foreseeable future [emoji3]

You definitely have :D

So glad to hear he's not lonely .. Hope that friend of his gives him a serious talking to about running away again!

Here's hoping! I have my figures crossed that my bunny karma will come into use next week (you know what regarding)!

I think the family was shocked anyone would go to the trouble I went to to return a rabbit. AlI could say was, if one of mine went missing, I like to think that someone would do the same for me, go through hell & high water to get them back to me.

Back