• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarders texting you while you're on holiday

When we went away last year for a week our bunny boarder text me every morning after she'd been to check them and give them their breakfast. Also she has a Facebook page and put their pic on there too, though only once I believe from memory.

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to text to find out how they are providing you don't bombard them with texts! One a day is enough.

Just wondering people's opinions/etiquette regarding rabbit boarding and if you get or would like updates from the boarders in the form of text or photos while you are away on holiday?
I personally would like to have the occasional update to know how my bunnies are while they are being boarded, but is that too much to ask for? Or is it something that's quite common? I've no idea because I've never had mine boarded, but will soon and I'm away for 2 weeks, feels like a long time to get away from them and being the anxious type id love to know how they are getting on. Is that something I can ask the person to do?

We have been providing bunny boarding for more than 5 years now, and we've always texted/emailed regular updates to those customers who want them :D Some people just want one very early on in the holiday (just to be sure their bunny has settled in their new environment) and some want daily messages....we're happy to accommodate whatever makes our customers happy.

Personally, I don't post on out Facebook page, mainly because I don't want to advertise that our customers are on holiday and their houses are empty!

So, yes, I think a good boarder will take your 'contact' needs into account.

Tracey :)

Back