• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit behaviour with snuggle safe

Septanest

Young Bun
Hi
my friend has contacted me for advice but I am unfortunately unable to help.
My friend has a 7 month old, male, neutered giant rabbit. He lives free range in a shed at the moment. He has had a snuggle safe since he went into the shed for the winter. He lies on it....or near to it, as was expected.

Due to this especially cold weather, my friend bought a 2nd snuggle safe for her rabbit. When Charlotte attempts to remove the new snuggle safe to re-heat, the rabbit becomes angry and attempts to attack her. He then goes over to the snuggle safe and licks it.

Does anyone know what this might mean? The rabbit is normally friendly.

this is a territorial behaviour. My bun doe it even if i tr to take his litter tra out to clean lol.

maybe he is lonely. Fiver's behaviour has inproved since i got him a wife :)

this is a territorial behaviour. My bun doe it even if i tr to take his litter tra out to clean lol.

My bun does this too. It's a case of 'this is mine, you can't have it'. He may think of it as a bunny friend and that your friend is taking him away. I agree that a partner would probably help.

Jimby licks his snuggle safe to and he does get a bit upset when we take it out to re heat it.

My previous bunny used to get upset when I took her snugglesafe out to reheat because she loved it. I used it to help keep her warm when she was on her own after her husbun passed away and the vet advised against getting a new friend due to her age and health problems.

Sounds like terrritorial behaviour, he could try distracting the bunny with some food. Even better, suggest he gets a lovely wife to snuggle up to to keep warm, you direct him to rabbit rehome or the local rescue centre.

Back