• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Q for freerange indoor bunny mummies!

I'm not qualified to contribute as Spenser is a garden bunny, but I'm a big fan of Dudley and Daisy so I couldn't resist clicking on this thread. Do they know what might be in store for them? :wave:

I think they just assume it's their right to be allowed everywhere and why hasn't it happened sooner :lol: it's more likely what's in store for me??? I found a little furry black bottom poking out of a tiny space in the spare room this morning, the guilty party was oblivious to my presence as he was in full digging mode!!!! Little rascal has spent hours in there and never attempted to make a 'burrow' there before :roll:

There are pro's and con's with bedroom bunny antics :lol:
My pierre lives in my bedroom he loves jumping onto the bed and lying with us and flopping out. There are occasions where he does pee on the bed (like this morning, but I think its cos I'm at my Mums and hes still getting used to his cage) but it just washes out. Maybe once every 2-3 months not even that.
He has jumped on my head occasionally but thats when ive been awake :lol: and I just haven't dodged him. He tends to abuse my OH more as he just licks him and pulls on his hair but its gentle and you can just shoo him off.

I love having a free range bun normally if I'm on my own I wake up and hes lying on the bed next to me or he is digging away, sliding, laying down for 5 mins and back up to do his day job. I have had to bunny proof everything though and have gone through numerous phone chargers but its my fault for leaving an odd bit of wire that he can get to :lol:

So my summary: Do it :)

EDIT: & Also if you have one of those treat balls which you can put whatever treats you want in do not bring it into the bedroom. We get frequently woken up by Pierre playing football with it he bashes it into everything :lol: we love it, but if your prone to waking up alot it might irritate you!

Last edited:
We don't let them into our bedroom, they've peed on the bed one too many times!

When Olly was a single bun, he used to sleep at the foot of the bed with me :D

I used to have Strawbs and Snow in my bedroom. Strawbs was a nightmare, he would start attacking me in the night and was so persistant I would end up on the sofa!

Snowdrop was good as gold! She would sleep under the bed or in the door way and only ever came onto the bed if I got the treat tub out.

My guinea pigs and rabbits are in my room. The guinea pigs are contained, and the rabbits have a homebase but free range in my room. I have grids surrounding the base of my bed so that they can't get underneath it but thats about it. I havent had any problems - not even anyone jumping on me, plus they are fully toilet trained.

I think they just assume it's their right to be allowed everywhere and why hasn't it happened sooner :lol: it's more likely what's in store for me??? I found a little furry black bottom poking out of a tiny space in the spare room this morning, the guilty party was oblivious to my presence as he was in full digging mode!!!! Little rascal has spent hours in there and never attempted to make a 'burrow' there before :roll:

Any damage? :roll: By the way, what age is handsome Dudley? I won't ask about Daisy because when I was a little girl my Gran told me it wasn't polite to ask a lady her age! :lol::lol:

Any damage? :roll: By the way, what age is handsome Dudley? I won't ask about Daisy because when I was a little girl my Gran told me it wasn't polite to ask a lady her age! :lol::lol:

Fortunately no damage but it was fluke! I happened to have tucked some unused pieces of carpet in that spot and he had annihilated that instead.... unlike the lounge carpet which now has a roof tile sitting over a lovely hole :lol:

D&D will be 2 the first week in September! Dudley is 4 days older than Daisy :D

Tiggygoo, yes they have one of those treatballs and no chance of that coming upstairs, I can hear them downstairs crashing into things with it :lol:

Hi :wave:

My 2 are free rangers and spend most of their time in my lounge or bedroom. I :love: it!!! They are good as gold at night, they follow us to the bedroom when we go to bed and sleep quietly under the bed all night (ive put a litter tray under there to prevent accidents!) I do however get woken up every morning around 6 or 7 to the sound of them racing around the flat like loons. Timmy also sits by my side of the bed staring at me until i get up and feed them, i call it his jedi mind trick :lol: Luckily they dont come on the bed, they've learnt that if they do they'll get a gentle shove off ;)

So id say definatly do it, bunny proof and go for it. There might be a few accidents at first as they mark their new territory but if u put a litter tray in there they'll soon settle into using that :D

Fortunately no damage but it was fluke! I happened to have tucked some unused pieces of carpet in that spot and he had annihilated that instead.... unlike the lounge carpet which now has a roof tile sitting over a lovely hole :lol:

D&D will be 2 the first week in September! Dudley is 4 days older than Daisy :D

Tiggygoo, yes they have one of those treatballs and no chance of that coming upstairs, I can hear them downstairs crashing into things with it :lol:

So are they having a party? Perhaps I should feel relieved I'm not allowed a house rabbit. :wave:

My little babies live in my room - in a separate pen during the day, but given free range in the day. They're pretty good - no spraying out of their pen and only occasional droppings, mainly due to them kicking it out their cage. They bed has grid panels all round it to stop them getting under - getting them out would be too much hassle and all the electrics are routed under there. they're not actually big enough yet to get on the bed themsleves so haven't been woken up being being jumped on yet...

Unfortunately I've now had to move them out temporaily during the night, because thump-bang-pitterpatter-thump-crunchcrunch-digdigdig-boinkboinkboibnkboinkboink... Just needed some quiet time to sleep!

Unfortunately I've now had to move them out temporaily during the night, because thump-bang-pitterpatter-thump-crunchcrunch-digdigdig-boinkboinkboibnkboinkboink... Just needed some quiet time to sleep!

:lol: you forgot the riptearmunchmunch :lol: Im wondering how much sleep Im gonna get it's not looking good so far!!

Susie Bun no they don't have a party or special presents it's their choice they decided last year that they are very lucky and get nice things all the time so instead of a party and presents they wanted to sponsor a bunny instead! They sponsored Otto and Onslow last year sadly Otto has since gone to the Bridge :( but they will be sponsoring Onslow again this year!

:lol: you forgot the riptearmunchmunch :lol: Im wondering how much sleep Im gonna get it's not looking good so far!!

Susie Bun no they don't have a party or special presents it's their choice they decided last year that they are very lucky and get nice things all the time so instead of a party and presents they wanted to sponsor a bunny instead! They sponsored Otto and Onslow last year sadly Otto has since gone to the Bridge :( but they will be sponsoring Onslow again this year!

That's amazing!!! I sponsored Otto and Onslow too! It was so sad that handsome Otto had to go to the bridge. Spenser and I are honoured to be in such good company as Onslow's sponsors. :wave: Spenser will not being having a birthday party, mainly because I rehomed him and don't know the exact day.

Oh did I mention I sleep like a log? Once I'm asleep not much wakes me. :oops: So I'm ideal candidate for buns-in-bedroom.

thump-bang-pitterpatter-thump-crunchcrunch-digdigdig-boinkboinkboibnkboinkboink... Just needed some quiet time to sleep!

Try mixing that with 5 guinea pigs - none stop burbling and wheeking. I am used to them now, just have to get used to the buns being out all night.

We have just started with them having the additional 6ft x 8ft area (as well as their 6ft x 2.5ft pen) 24/7. Prior to that they were out for 15 hours during the day and got locked up at night. Charlee is impossible to see at night which makes it interesting but I can see Noah easily. The funniest thing was listening to Noah this morning at about 3am, zooming around. He would race into the cage, jump onto their little ledge, jump off the ledge then do mad bog laps around my room before repeating the process. And he isnt dainty either so I got very rudely awoken!!

Hi :wave: I say do it, this is my darling Dudley who was always sneaking on the bed! Although he was never was allowed to get in at night time. Sadly Dudley went to the bridge two years ago, and the first night me and Phoebe were on our own, I let her come upstairs with me. I now have a 'guard bun' everynight, normally she sleeps in the doorway, but sometimes she does get in with me:love: We have had a few accidents but I'm liking the shower curtain idea. The good nights far outway the bad nights.

I
DSC00288.jpg

Last edited:
Back