• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Putting two females together

Thunder

New Kit
I have recently taken on another female rabbit, and was wonder if i could put 2 females together in one cage/run.

I have put the cage with the new rabbit next to the run of the other female rabbit so they can see each other and smell each other and they seem to be getting on ok.

She was in with other females before i got her, would it be ok to put the two in together, in a new hutch and run.

My female has been done but this one has not.

Any advise please.

Its do-able! But would probably be much easier if you had the second doe Spayed first. How are they reacting to each other at the moment? Are they interested? Lying down near to each other? Is there any aggression?

My female lays down by the other rabbits cage, and the other one sits in her cage the other side. I have seen no aggression between them.

If they are sitting/lying close together (even if they appear to be ignoring one another) then that's a good start! I would get the second doe spayed (best for her health anyway) and then give it a go!

my female rabbits all seem to be quite feisty with each other, much worse than my 2 boys! :shock: but if they're quite relexed with each other that is a good start! Mine charge and bite at each other through the wire :shock:

I'd definately get the second doe spayed first. And beware the "we're cool with each other" through the wire act. Shadow and Jess (both does) would happily lie next to each other when the wire was between them but the minute that was taken away fur flew. I have given up bonding them but Shadow does live with Ginger and Jacob now and Ginger is a doe and Jess lives with Effie, also a doe. (2nd pic in from right on bottom of sig) It's definately possible :D

I agree - as soon as the barriers are down there is some form of territory to 'own'. :shock: I've even had to reintroduce my 2 spayed sisters carefully, who have probably always lived together, after less than 24 hours apart. :shock:

hi.i have never had a major problem bonding 2 girls,just the usual establishing of who's the boss.one of my little girls is speyed and the other is waiting until i feel confident enough to put her through it!i guess i have just been pretty lucky as all my girls have been very good natured.now my 2 boys,well thats a different story :shock:
good luck anyway.

As i have experienced (semi :lol: ) bonding two un-spayed bunnies it is do-able!My two love each other when they are in the garden running freely with each other..they snuggle up etc etc but they arent so keen in one hutch together so iv given up on that bit!they are in view of each other and can smell eachother so their happy!

I finally got them to get on!woop :mrgreen:

Back