• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pre-neutering advice?

laurajean

New Kit
Hi all,
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere!
We've just rescued an approx 18 month old male and are awaiting an appointment for neutering (our vet has a 3 month waiting list due to COVID)
I'd be beyond grateful for any advice to try and discourage him from circling,nipping and humping my feet whilst we await his appointment!
I've had rabbits for years and i am aware neutering might not necessarily completely stop this behaviour, but he's otherwise a pretty chill, friendly rabbit and it definitely seems he's doing this out of frustration, obviously I don't want to be continually shouting at him/telling him off when he's not really being 'naughty' as such!
if anyone has any tips to see us through the next three months that'd be amazing :)
Thankyou so much,
Laura :)

Hi all,
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere!
We've just rescued an approx 18 month old male and are awaiting an appointment for neutering (our vet has a 3 month waiting list due to COVID)
I'd be beyond grateful for any advice to try and discourage him from circling,nipping and humping my feet whilst we await his appointment!
I've had rabbits for years and i am aware neutering might not necessarily completely stop this behaviour, but he's otherwise a pretty chill, friendly rabbit and it definitely seems he's doing this out of frustration, obviously I don't want to be continually shouting at him/telling him off when he's not really being 'naughty' as such!
if anyone has any tips to see us through the next three months that'd be amazing :)
Thankyou so much,
Laura :)

A cuddly bunny toy, which he can turn his amorous attention to? We've had success some time ago with a stuffed knitted sock :lol: Every time he attempted to circle etc, I diverted his attention to the sock.

Back