• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Positive vibes needed please for my very sick baby bunny in the vets... :-(

I hope all is still well with Saffie. I think I read she was transferred to a different vets? how is she doing? How are you?

Hello everyone!

I have brought Saffie home today!! :D

His weight is back up to 1.37kg which is more than what he weighed before he was ill. He has a brilliant appetite as well. He is on metacam and zantac syrup and both my boys are being wormed using panacure.

I find out Saffies blood test results after christmas and he is having another check up wednesday evening.

Im sooooooo happy he pulled through! Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Love Claire & Saffie... :)

All is not great for Saffie. :(

Yesterday i noticed even though he was eating soooo much he wasnt pooing. So i took him to the emergency vets and she gave him a gut stimulant injection and sent us back home. Saffie done lots of poos and all was good.

The same happened again today, we went for his check up and i mention he hasnt been pooing again and she gave him another jab and told me to monitor him closely. So i have removed his litter tray and tided his cage of any poos and i am going to do a poo chart to check size and how many he prooduces.

He has to have 2 gut stimulant injections a day now until the blood test results finally come through. (Hopefully tomorrow)

I have noticed something really odd.... I removed his litter tray at 5pm and he has not done 1 wee at all?!!?!?!?!?!?

I am concerned.... Why wouldnt he wee? Do you think he is holding it as i have removed his litter tray?

My vet also said if he carries on like this she mentioned a fluid diet? And further investigation in the new year.

I really hoped he would be better by now... he now weighs 1.47kg so his weight has shot up massively compared to the 1.1kg he weighed a week ago!

Poor Saffie. Sending lots of vibes.

Did your vet mean hay and water diet?

You could ask your vet re Fibreplex as this can help to get the gut stable/moving, but only on the advice of your vet.

Im not to sure. Still no blood test results though. He is on so many drugs at the moment. He pood loads last night and this morning and since 12 he has stopped again. My vet has given me metaclopramide so i can keep him going pooing until we know whats wrong.

Its beginning to feel like hes never going to get better! :(

Saffie has been kept in at the vets AGAIN tonight. They think he now has a compaction in his tummy. They may xray him but will let me know in the morning how he gets on overnight.

This has been such a long week, i just want him better now. Its the not knowing whats wrong thats getting to me and wondering if he can be cured and if he is in pain.

I even brought a dog crate so i can take him to my boyfriends parents tomorrow night and nurse him as best i can.

Im glad my other bunny is happy and healthy at least Beau and my boyfriend are keeping my spirits up.

Just hope he keeps fighting and stays strong... Im so worried he will have to be pts... :(

Back