• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy is getting a boyfriend tomorrow :-) UD p.20...Its all gone wrong :-(

:( i thought if they couldnt be bonded you were going to have them housed seperately??

That was my intention but I would have kept her in the house while building her a shed. From Monday we wont have ceilings, walls etc. They have got to give us electric on a night but we wont even have that during the day:( I dont know if anyones ever had the ceilings pulled down in a house but we did four years ago after the floods...the house will be covered in a black filthy soot. I didnt want all that in her wounds:( I feel awful but I have had to put what she needs first:(

Why don't you get a secure run for the shed? With small mesh and a lid? Or even a hutch? That's what she should have ideally been in anyway to protect them both.

It will be detrimental for her to go and recover at Pets At Home, in my eyes. She won't get anywhere near as good care with them as she would with you.

Or maybe even look for someone to foster her until your house is back as a house?

Why don't you get a secure run for the shed? With small mesh and a lid? Or even a hutch? That's what she should have ideally been in anyway to protect them both.

It will be detrimental for her to go and recover at Pets At Home, in my eyes. She won't get anywhere near as good care with them as she would with you.

Or maybe even look for someone to foster her until your house is back as a house?

:thumb: i agree with this ^

I had her in a hutch and it made her more aggressive, she was guarding her space. I brought her in the dining room with a large dog crate and puppy pen, later removed the dog crate as he was guarding that. To be honest it was all going great and was really workable. I was getting to spend a lot of time with her and was building up trust with her.

I had to put her in the shed to keep her safe. Its not just one or two people in the house...I have had 5+ workmen in at any one time. There will be no house from Monday. My nerves are fraught, my poor son (eldest) self harms when he is stressed and because he is loosing his home (for the second time in 4 years) he is making a mess of himself. Its awful here at the moment.

One of the ladies who work at p@h have taken her home for now. They are really good in mine and I do know she will be safe. I just cannot keep her safe in the short term. Its all come about at the wrong time. Its really not a decision that I made lightly I promise you. But its not about me its about Snowy and I had to keep her safe.

Surely she's only been slightly aggressive because she wasn't spayed? Loads of female pairs are happy and the signs are your two would have been until her hormones got in the way.

I do feel sorry for her - if there are any complications from her wound I can't see them doing anything other than pts. I know you have a lot going on house-wise but that isn't her fault, and I know it sounds harsh but it was your responsibility that she got injured and I really think you ought to follow through with her. :?

I had her in a hutch and it made her more aggressive, she was guarding her space. I brought her in the dining room with a large dog crate and puppy pen, later removed the dog crate as he was guarding that. To be honest it was all going great and was really workable. I was getting to spend a lot of time with her and was building up trust with her.

I had to put her in the shed to keep her safe. Its not just one or two people in the house...I have had 5+ workmen in at any one time. There will be no house from Monday. My nerves are fraught, my poor son (eldest) self harms when he is stressed and because he is loosing his home (for the second time in 4 years) he is making a mess of himself. Its awful here at the moment.

One of the ladies who work at p@h have taken her home for now. They are really good in mine and I do know she will be safe. I just cannot keep her safe in the short term. Its all come about at the wrong time. Its really not a decision that I made lightly I promise you. But its not about me its about Snowy and I had to keep her safe.

It sounds like you've done everything you could do for Snowy. And because you couldn't keep her safe, letting her go to a different home was a selfless and kind desiscion. Do you think you could just have her in foster care for a while until things are better in your house?

I'm sorry things are so stressful for you and your family right now xx

Surely she's only been slightly aggressive because she wasn't spayed? Loads of female pairs are happy and the signs are your two would have been until her hormones got in the way.

I do feel sorry for her - if there are any complications from her wound I can't see them doing anything other than pts. I know you have a lot going on house-wise but that isn't her fault, and I know it sounds harsh but it was your responsibility that she got injured and I really think you ought to follow through with her. :?

No not slightly aggressive..she has been hanging off us..she crouches and growls and lunges. I was working with this and yes she was my responsibility, that's why I have dont the best thing for her. They wont pts...they paid a £170+ vet bill without even blinking, she has gone with a member of staff for care. They wrote down all what I have been doing with her and are going to carry it on.

Non of this is her fault but I do have to keep her safe:cry:

Yes I know. I meant a secure hutch or run in the shed to prevent her and Poppy getting access to each other. That was all.

I guess it's all a moot point now that you have already given her back so I'll not say anymore.

Thinking of you Snowy.

It sounds like you've done everything you could do for Snowy. And because you couldn't keep her safe, letting her go to a different home was a selfless and kind desiscion. Do you think you could just have her in foster care for a while until things are better in your house?

I'm sorry things are so stressful for you and your family right now xx

Thank you:wave: The lady who took her home has a lot of bunnies and is lovely, to be honest I'm hoping she stays there...I dont think I could ask to take her back after bringing her back to them but if she is still in the rescue when all the work is done I will definitely talk to them about it. She would be better in a home where she could have one-to-one attention, maybe all adult? I feel awful, the kids are upset, but it isnt about us...its about Snowy:cry:

Last edited:
Back