• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

polish rabbit breeds

i swear my Jose is part polish, we were told she was a Nethie when we got her but she's got longer legs, she's quite svelte (not chubby like nethies usually look), she's got longer ears than a normal nethie and her face is longer

What do people think?

09082009959.jpg

10072009860.jpg

Jose is definitely not a nethie. It's difficult to know how big she is from photos, but could be a Polish cross if she's very tiny. I'd probably say Dutch cross though.

As the owner of a wild rabbit (which is way more active and easily freaked out than a Polish) I can safely say the bigger the better as far as accomodation is concerned. It's not nice watching a scared rabbit leaping head-first into cage walls because they can't run away :(

i hate to see buns in small cages, a breeder on another forum mentioned, they need small accommodation, i`d never even heard of a polish.:wave:

not sure if this is true, but some breeders say these buns can`t cope with large cages cos they freak out, they seem complicated to me!!:lol::lol:

its utter rubbish.. I think its breeders way of compensating on how small their set ups are. My old bun, he was an english X nethie, and he weighed about 1.5kgs, he had the whole garden.. I couldn't give him anything less!!

i hate to see those small breeders block, giants kept in 5ft hutches and they think this is big and they are being generous compared to the 3ft ones! its horrible.:censored::censored:

Jose is definitely not a nethie. It's difficult to know how big she is from photos, but could be a Polish cross if she's very tiny. I'd probably say Dutch cross though.

I reckon she's about 8inches long when sitting maybe, sorry thats not much use lol. She's not very big. I need to get some scales to weigh her I suppose

Jose looks a lot like a Polish when she is sitting up in the second pic. Thats like how they are posed in show.

Ozzy is a nethie X and he has the same shaped face as Jose :love: Whereas Spice is a full nethie with a round flat face and dinky ears :D Ozzy is about 1.4kg is Jose smaller? She looks smaller but she is probably a bit younger maybe? Either way utterly gorgeous! :love:

Spice head:
map.jpg

Ozzy more pointy head:
DSC01538.jpg

Awww spice is a proper little munchkin, so cute :love:

No idea how much she weighs, I dont have any scales lol. She's about 4/5months old, I dont know if she'll get any bigger, spose i should buy some scales to keep track reallly

Awww spice is a proper little munchkin, so cute :love:

No idea how much she weighs, I dont have any scales lol. She's about 4/5months old, I dont know if she'll get any bigger, spose i should buy some scales to keep track reallly

hehe Spice fits in the kitchen scales so I've used them :oops: They get weighed digitally everytime there at the vets and we've also weighed them with Alice's scales, theres nothing more fun than a weigh in - except when its my turn :oops::lol:

I agree. I am actually looking up the Polish rabbit, as I am positive that is what mine is too. I was also told Netherland at first, but her ears and legs are too long, her 'snout' is not smooshed like a Netherland, and she is also too lean. Mine is 3.5 month old, and only 1.6 lbs.
Would add pictures, but don't know how without it being a link???

Last edited:
Back