• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plucking

the only way i can get fur out of Alvin is to pluck him while hes not looking :oops::oops: me. him and a brush didnt get on very well, thats the day i found out how high he can jump vertically and he actually spits.

Eeeeek, you're one very brave (or should that be insane? :lol:) lady to mess with Alvin's botty. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure Alfie thinks it's a big game - he plants his tufty bum right in front of my nose, waits just long enough for me to reach out and then hops off. I must look like a right loon following him round the garden, pinching his bottom. :oops: :lol::lol:

I plant each rabbit on my lap and have a massive plucking frenzy .... they usually sit up, put their paws on my chest and do their best cheshire cat out of Shrek impression to me ....
:cry: 'mummeh, why is yoo doin dis to meeeee'

However, if I do it when they're on their home turf on the ground and try a sneaky pluck ..oh ho, then do I get the :evil:

my rabbits love to be plucked. they think its big cuddles. they'd tell you the only thing better than a good plucking is a shoulder massage while you nuzzle mum's neck, ready to bite through her carotid artery if she doesn't get it right...

my rabbits love to be plucked. they think its big cuddles. they'd tell you the only thing better than a good plucking is a shoulder massage while you nuzzle mum's neck, ready to bite through her carotid artery if she doesn't get it right...

:lol::lol::shock:

Alvin is losing hair like theres no tomorrow and was strangely very tolerant of the plucking i inflicted... slight hitch :shock: Holly kept getting in the way thinking i had food for her and she even bit my finger at one point :shock::shock:

she is one HUNGRY bunny :lol::lol::lol::lol:

so now im allowed to pluck i cant get near him because Holly is all hunger :roll::roll::roll:

BunniesmoultingJune2010005.jpg

I try and sneak up behind Bramble and pull out any loose tuffs, but he is never impressed!

I can't believe he hasn't moulted yet this year!

Marley loves being plucked! He must be more laid back than i thought :)

He ended up flopped out on my knee while i got a huge pile of hair off him, i stoped to itch my nose for a minute and he was up at my chest nudging me! :lol: :love:

I think we both found it quite relaxing (does that make me weird!? lol) i went a bit overboard and plucked a spot bare! :oops: He forgives me though, he cant see his bald bottom!!

is it just me though or is it easiest to pluck black bunnies? Sooties hair falls out is massive blocks so I end up with a pile like blackberry. All honeys fur migrates down to her bottom where it felts and the neddies just seem to puff off their moult off themselves.

is it just me though or is it easiest to pluck black bunnies? Sooties hair falls out is massive blocks so I end up with a pile like blackberry. All honeys fur migrates down to her bottom where it felts and the neddies just seem to puff off their moult off themselves.

yeah holly seems unpluckable, like theres nothing to come out... but alvins got tufties everywhere. he has lovely thick fur :love::love:

I haven't got a black bun, but my two have no where near the amount of fluff in the photo so you could be right

I sat Oscar on my knee outside and OH said all he could see out the window was fluff flying by!! :lol: I put a towel on my knee, use a brush and wet hands the tufts come out you can roll the fur up in your hand easier...very easily no pressure needed at all.

same here

Mine is loosing fur around her backside at the moment :roll:

I've combed loads out this morning and it's currently stuffed in the head of a hippo stuff toy that I'm using as a "bonding budding" for Paddy as he seems to be going through a phase now, after 2 weeks of swapping food bowls, trays etc etc, of pulling at her ears and fur through the wire mesh....to which she still just sits there, bar pulling away her ears and takes it. Anyhoo thought el hippo would help when I finally put them together on my next long weekend off work (2 weeks on friday), then he'll be 6 week neutered and 4 weeks with me, not that my bonding with him has been going well but hey! :lol:

Back