• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PLEASE Send MEGA Vibes For My Beloved Timmy :(

Had Timmy to the vet again this morning.....he had another painkilling injection, and was weighed again. He is still holding his weight. I actually got to see Ben today.....he is my favourite vet, and the one I trust most with my rabbits. Unfortunately yesterday he had been called away to an emergency when I took Timmy in. This morning he looked at the other vet's notes from yesterday, and said, 'I see he wants to do a GA today and throughly check Timmy's back teeth if he isn't eating on his own yet. How do you feel about that?' I told him that quite frankly I was terrified, and he said that he hadn't wanted to influence me, but that he was VERY against giving Timmy a GA unless it was an absolute last resort. Timmy likes Ben a lot, so let him have a good old look at his teeth. Ben found no spurs, no ulcers, no sharp edges, no cuts or inflammation of the cheeks or tongue, and no blood in the saliva. So he says he is 99.9% sure that there is NO problem with Timmy's teeth. He was also encouraged by the fact that Timmy managed to eat a little bit of Oxbow Orchard grass last night, and a couple mouthfuls of pellets. He also did quite a few little poos last night/this morning, so his gut is moving. The vet gave me some more painkiller for the weekend, and I will continue to syringe feed Timmy as long as he is not eating enough to nourish him and keep his gut working and his weight up. In the meantime, Timmy remains his usual cheeky, cheerful self.....so I am remaining optimistic! I love my Timmy SO much!!!!!:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Only just caught up with this thread, really sorry Timmy's not been well. :cry:- Gorgeous piccies, he's soooooo photogenic!:D Hopefully he's over the worst now and will be back to his bouncy furniture nibbling self soon!:)

Only just read this too, Crikey what a saga :roll:
I hope he's still well & on the mend, he must love you very much too!

Hi!:wave:

Timmy continues to be VERY bright and cheeky in himself.....his gut is moving well again now, and he is nibbling small amounts of food.:D He actually nibbled a little bit of carrot last night, and has eaten hay and a few pellets. I am continuing to syringe feed to supplement him, as I am sure he is NOT getting adequate intake from what he is eating on his own. He has another vets appointment tomorrow morning, hopefully he will not have lost any weight over the weekend. He doesn't feel like he has. The only real worry now is his appetite, and being my usual worrying-to-the-extreme self, I am terrified that there is some very sinister underlying reason for it. But he is SO happy and chirpy that I REALLY hope it is just my imagination getting the better of me!:(

Back