• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please help - sad decision to make

Thank you all so much. Mojo went peacefully in his favourite spot indoors today. My heart is broken, but he's binkying free now. Thank you for your well wishes x

I am so sorry that Mojo has gone to the bridge but he went with his heart full of love and happiness. The fact he chose to go in his favourite spot shows how deeply he felt love and he felt comfortable enough to leave in peace. I know words cannot change how things feel, but you did absolutely everything right - reflected in how Mojo felt at peace.
Binkey free always, beautiful Mojo.
Hugs to you. Xx

So very sorry, but he went peacefully in his home surrounded by love. I hope that brings you a little comfort in the days to come. Binky free Mojo, and hugs for you xx

I’m so, so sorry [emoji174]. Sending love & hugs your way. He’s free from any pain now & binkying free over the rainbow bridge where one day you’ll be reunited xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad he got to go at home & went peacefully. So sorry he has gone & for your loss though.

Sleep tight Mojo xx

Thank you everyone.
I'm really struggling with losing Mojo. The house is so quiet and I keep looking in the places he used to be. Almost 12 years with him always being with me and now he's gone. For some reason I feel so much guilt as well for having him put to sleep. I know it was the kindest thing to do, I just wish I could of helped him and everytime I think of him my heart breaks. I feel like most people around me don't understand this grief at all 😞

I’m so sorry you are struggling, it’s only natural imo. I don’t know why some people can’t understand the pain and grief you go through when you lose a loved pet. You did the kindest thing for him , I know it’s so hard but I hope in time you will be able to take comfort from that and the fact that he had such a long and happy life with you :love: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I think many of us here will empathise with how you are feeling, it is very hard losing a furry friend. They are beloved members of our families, and leave a massive hole in our hearts when they have to leave us. You did absolutely the right thing for Mojo, and didn't let him suffer, but I think that feeling of what if is only natural. Please keep posting we are all here for you. Big hugs xx

Thank you everyone.
I'm really struggling with losing Mojo. The house is so quiet and I keep looking in the places he used to be. Almost 12 years with him always being with me and now he's gone. For some reason I feel so much guilt as well for having him put to sleep. I know it was the kindest thing to do, I just wish I could of helped him and everytime I think of him my heart breaks. I feel like most people around me don't understand this grief at all 😞

KL1f6H6.jpg

Xx

A lot of people can't understand how much you love a rabbit because they've never known one. There's absolutely nothing wrong with how you're feeling, especially considering the deep bond you had with Mojo.

I don't know about you but even from well intentioned folks I got a lot of "well she had a good long life" and "she wouldn't have lived much more than 11 anyway" like it makes it easier somehow or that you should be happy you had "a good run" rather than sad they're gone, when actually the longer you have them the harder it is when they aren't around anymore.

It takes a long time to get used to life without that part of you but in time you'll be able to look back and feel happy about the time you had, I promise x
I'm 2 years on from losing the closest bond I ever had with a bunny and I'm now at a point where I have photos of her out. Most days thinking about her and the time we had together makes me happy but sometimes it still makes me feel a deep and raw loss. That's grief for you.
I also found that in time feelings of guilt fade to nothing when you know you did the right thing. Right now it's just your brain looking for someone to blame because it's having a hard time adjusting (completely normal).

The blue cross have a pet bereavement service, it may be worth getting in touch with them if you're struggling as they truly understand that the loss of a pet is the loss of a family member and have training in loss.

Back