• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can anyone offer any of these buns a home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy and my new rescued bunny are from Greenwich Rabbit Rescue.

Val is lovely and has always been there for me for great rabbit advice and a shoulder to cry on for over 3 years.

The bunnies she breeds are her own pedigree bunnies, not up for rescue.

I don't like confrontation or any agruing so I will leave it at that.

Is there a particular reason for quoting me whilst also talking about confrontation and arguments? I have said nothing inappropriate and nothing even vaguely confrontational.

Is there a particular reason for quoting me whilst also talking about confrontation and arguments? I have said nothing inappropriate and nothing even vaguely confrontational.

Oh no I meant the "this is not going to end well" bit. I haven't worked out how to highlight bits etc. :oops:

No not at all, sorry its the way this come across on text. I would never dream that you did or would, never. Sorry

Val is lovely and has always been there for me for great rabbit advice and a shoulder to cry on for over 3 years.

I agree with the above, I have met Val and she is a great person who really cares for her own and the rescue buns, When Lola went into stasis she was really helpful with info she gave me as she has a wealth of bunny knowledge. The breeding is as stated above for her own pedigree buns, She has loads of rescue buns and gives ALL her time to them - I really don't think anyone should judge her or her practice unless you have met her.

Oh no I meant the "this is not going to end well" bit. I haven't worked out how to highlight bits etc. :oops:

No not at all, sorry its the way this come across on text. I would never dream that you did or would, never. Sorry

I don't believe it will end well, but that's nothing to do with my comments on the thread, but due to the beliefs of a lot of people on this forum (that's not a bad thing or a 'dig' at anyone, I just know many people here are passionate about rescue, nothing more, nothing less :) ). I ddn't state anything about whether she is nice or not, or even my own opinions on what she does.

I agree with the above, I have met Val and she is a great person who really cares for her own and the rescue buns, When Lola went into stasis she was really helpful with info she gave me as she has a wealth of bunny knowledge. The breeding is as stated above for her own pedigree buns, She has loads of rescue buns and gives ALL her time to them - I really don't think anyone should judge her or her practice unless you have met her.

I don't think anybody dislikes her.
They just don't get why she breeds and rescues when she knows about how rescuing works.

I don't judge her, but I would never 'adopt' a bunny from a breeder. :?

Reading the above replies .. She sells her bred bunnies.
And re homes rescue bunnies.
So you would be 'adopting' when adopting her rescues.
And you would be 'buying' when buying her own bred bunnies.

no-one has said that she isn't a nice person though, that isn't what people have issue with.

for me, it doesn't matter what the reason for breeding is - i don't agree with it.

i just finished reading vals interview and i hve to say that she seems lovely and i have no doubt that all rabbits - be it rescue or pet - are well looked after and well cared for.
but that doesn't change the fact that she breeds - and i don't agree with breeding. full stop.

Reading the above replies .. She sells her bred bunnies.
And re homes rescue bunnies.
So you would be 'adopting' when adopting her rescues.
And you would be 'buying' when buying her own bred bunnies.

I know what you're saying, but I still would not go anywhere near a breeder's premises, or give them any money. I don't agree with breeding and I believe that I'm entitled to my opinion. :wave:

I don't believe it will end well, but that's nothing to do with my comments on the thread, but due to the beliefs of a lot of people on this forum (that's not a bad thing or a 'dig' at anyone, I just know many people here are passionate about rescue, nothing more, nothing less :) ). I ddn't state anything about whether she is nice or not, or even my own opinions on what she does.

Oh I know, I just wanted to quote the top bit. Not meaning you at all, just like oh no, I hope not. Does that make sense ?

I know what you're saying, but I still would not go anywhere near a breeder's premises, or give them any money. I don't agree with breeding and I believe that I'm entitled to my opinion. :wave:

Yes.. You are entitled to your opinion. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back