• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plan H.....George can now jump over the puppy panels!!!

GabyEmilyB

Warren Scout
I am unable to sleep at night because George has worked out how to get over the puppy panels and onto my bed.....

I've tried blocking holes, securing panels so they can't be moved, and moving anything he could use to spring off and now he just climbs the damn metal!!!!

I don't want to have to put him away at night because he loves being free range all the time but he is making it rather difficult and as I said in the title, I'm on plan H now haha

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

That was my idea too :lol:

You can get tall puppy panels(don't know how tall yours are) , or maybe you could get a folding run? The hutchman makes them :thumb:

Folding hutch?are they wooden?not heard of them before....he needs something with a roof because he also helps himself to his food at about 5am lol

My panels sit just above an average height bed.

Last edited:
Could you upload a picture of your set up? It's easier for us to suggest something if we can see it :)

image.jpg

It's panoramic to fit it all in.

It's slightly changed since I took this 2 days ago but you get the general idea :)

Yeah but he doesn't use them to get up tash. He jumps between the hutch and the end of the bed, where the leg of the bed is which doesn't have an edge!cant comprehend it!lol

Yeah but he doesn't use them to get up tash. He jumps between the hutch and the end of the bed, where the leg of the bed is which doesn't have an edge!cant comprehend it!lol
They're opportunists. It's all a learning curve - im still trying to outwit Marble :lol: you need to find a way to block him getting to however he's jumping up.

Reason I asked about the ledges was: I have my panels stuck into them which makes them too high to be jumped over

They're opportunists. It's all a learning curve - im still trying to outwit Marble :lol: you need to find a way to block him getting to however he's jumping up.

Reason I asked about the ledges was: I have my panels stuck into them which makes them too high to be jumped over

I see what you mean...the panels stop him going under my bed, which is the only problem :( maybe I could by nic storage cubes to block under the bed and stick the panels in the ledge of my bed......

thanks for the ideas and moral boost lol

I see what you mean...the panels stop him going under my bed, which is the only problem :( maybe I could by nic storage cubes to block under the bed and stick the panels in the ledge of my bed......

thanks for the ideas and moral boost lol
I have 2 sets of puppy panels :lol: one along the ledge, and one blocking off the underneath

if he is climbing, you can attach something(with zip ties) with a slippery surface, such as cardboard or posterboard, part way up or the top of the panel to deter the climbing.

Maybe a webcam to see where/how he's climbing? Could he be coming through the gap on the top of the hutch/end of the bed where it's slightly lower.

You could swap the door ones for a dog gate (dog not child - they are taller). Then use those panels to make your bed ones taller. You might need to strap a piece of wood to the bed legs to extend the height so you've got something to support the panels.

if he is climbing, you can attach something(with zip ties) with a slippery surface, such as cardboard or posterboard, part way up or the top of the panel to deter the climbing.

Think I might give it a go and if it doesn't I will go for 4ft ones suggested by jazzxo!

Maybe a webcam to see where/how he's climbing? Could he be coming through the gap on the top of the hutch/end of the bed where it's slightly lower.

You could swap the door ones for a dog gate (dog not child - they are taller). Then use those panels to make your bed ones taller. You might need to strap a piece of wood to the bed legs to extend the height so you've got something to support the panels.

I think he's doing exactly that. I move something in the way and he finds a way around it!

Thanks for all the great ideas . Going to give them all a go and will
Let you know which one is one to a winner haha

I've just had a lightbulb moment

Get rid of that bed, and get a loft bed :lol:
Sorry :oops:

Back